Early Bird Season Ticket Info Released

Cracking uptake. I guess not all our fan base thinks the future is doom and gloom.

2 Likes

I wonder how many of those are renewals? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Far from convinced this incentive thingy will be beneficial to the club, unless of course there is a cash flow issue and money up front is critical.

I’ve been quite critical of the club in recent years (including the current owner) but how can it not be? All it is, is marketing to boost any sales. Even if it entices one person to buy that wouldn’t have it’s been beneficial, it’s not going to put anybody off.

2 Likes

The interview mentions 25 new buyers in the first week. Extrapolate that over 2 weeks to 50 and about 92% are renewals.

1 Like

It could result in lower revenues for the club depending on the total quantity sold and the mix of buyers. Not contending that it isn’t a good deal for the supporter though.

On the face of it that is good news. If they are people that attend more than half the games anyway or kids paying next to nothing, then it may not be such good news, I suppose.

But they are not discounting ticket prices unless we hit a, frankly, unrealistic target that would probably eradicate that risk completely if we did get that many sales. The mix of buyers has literally nothing to do with anything. This is about getting as many people, renewals or new buyers, to buy full stop.

A deal that can only encourage people to buy, whilst not dissuading those that will anyway, can literally not be anything but beneficial.

2 Likes

Not sure how you work that out?

I’m not sure how you can’t.

If I can be arsed later, I’ll give some examples to support my assertion.

Can only be seen as a positive, The 3,000 figure is not a realistic target but if after the slightly disappointing season we have had if we can get more season ticket holders next season compared to this then it does show that we are on the up not in decline.

2 Likes

I look forward to you explaining how:

is a bad thing. Should be quite something.

Bloody hell, I said it was a good deal for supporters. I’m questioning how good a deal it is, financially for the club.

Bloody hell, that’s what I’m talking about too.

I would think getting people (and their money) signed upfront is better for the club than spinning the wheel of uncertainty of if people will lose interest over the season due to weather, bad resukts, broke at Christmas, etc etc.

Really good numbers so far.

Imagine not many of them are new but it’s a good sign.

Edit: just watched the interview where he says 25 are new holders. Better than a kick in the shin

1 Like

Pomlett can only be commended for trying to get more people in the stadium and creating a better atmosphere. We will not sell 3,000 ST’s so there is no way it is not beneficial to the club . Even if there is say an extra 150 more sold than last year you have to say considering where we find ourselves that is some achievement in my opinion.

2 Likes

Are you suggesting that he has devised a cunning plan which he does not believe he can achieve? The crafty devil :smile:

Are the 150 people, most likely going to be the same people that go now ? They are just going to get cheaper football and ergo the club gets less money.

If the team are playing well next season and are up there then getting more in the ground will not be an issue.

You know we run the early bird every single year, right?

1 Like

Yep.

I’ve been a supporter a long time. Your point is what?