Early Bird Season Ticket Info Released

I dont wanna knock it because its a great sign that LP is trying too help and understand the fans a little

I just feel this should of been end of next season which is meant too be good and build on a fan base, Would of much more prefer a lower ST price all round try keep some un interested people and lour in any others with a cheap price and maybe a few signings, Just my view tho either way i pray it helps!

1 Like

I think knocking £100 off might have been more attractive. As it is I don’t think anyone will be getting refunds. I said I wasn’t going to renew as I find I am so bored I would prefer to put my feet up at home and watch the scores coming through. Working full time, that is actually a treat. I might just pick the odd match.

And if they knock £100 off and sell the same 2,200 ish I’m sure everyone will be complaining when DC announces we can’t compete with Barrow or Morecambe and should be delighted to be 22nd.

6 Likes

This is the thing. Like The NHS, everyone recognises it needs investment but not many seem to want to pay extra for it :wink:

4 Likes

Knocking that off might tempt people who have decided not to renew so they may sell more in the long run. But if not, they can always use the tried and tested we can’t compete line as per the last few seasons.

Agree 100%

and the investment will not be known until AFTER Early bird tickets go ‘off sale’ :thinking:

As others have said, hats off to the club for trying something a bit different.

Unfortunately the triggers look too high and the potential reward too low. I can’t see many, if any, new punters being attracted by this on the back of the season we are currently “enjoying”.

In our current position, I think trying to tempt hundreds of extra fans to commit hundreds of pounds for a whole season is a stretch.

But I hope the creative spirit continues post early bird. Something like five games for £60 in the form of five “vouchers” for five games of your choosing. £60 is more like birthday or Christmas present range and potentially ruining 5 Saturdays in nine months is better than ruining 20. Just a thought.

9 Likes

A good PR stunt with zero chance of paying out.
I will renew mine and Mrs Reedswood tickets as usual but with the tripe we have watched this season at home and the number of fans saying they will not renew 2000 will be a good result.

I shall have my 3 as usual mainly because I think Walsall needs a Football League Club and because I still enjoy meeting old and new friends. The chat is good even if the football is rubbish :unamused:

3 Likes

Club had nowhere to go with this other than a gimmick that they know realistically wont have a chance of them having to give refunds

Can’t improve the offering can’t reduce the price - no where else to go

Interesting to see what they do next year because this won’t provide any refunds this year

Butters - the 2,500 STs you quote here I believe includes the free kids ones.

The refund initiative is based upon tickets that are paid for so I reckon you can knock four or five hundred off that number.

In other words, to hit the first trigger “brought” season ticket numbers need to increase by about 50%.

Ambitious.

1 Like

I did chuckle at the have lunch with the squad prize, they’d all be in rehab for a week if @DanG_WFC and @RobHarv3y win that!

4 Likes

Really like the idea.

But I think we will struggle to sell 1500 let alone 3000.

Really hope it works mind.

It’s a good idea in theory they deserve credit for that but the only way they could possibly get anywhere near 3-5000 season ticket holders is a big investment early in the summer in the playing side maybe that’s what they are planning we don’t know yet but if not it’s pure fantasy for me.Did we even get 5000 season ticket holders in the championship?

2 Likes

Like everything else atm it’s a start. It’s great they are showing willing - I can’t see this being the complete answer but as long they monitor what works and what doesn’t (a massive failure of the last regime) - this could potentially be the first iteration of a new ticket scheme that actually works…

6 Likes

Great idea and a strong finish to this season would make a big difference to the fans approach to the scheme…

LP is doing the right thing in putting this out early but without a decent last quarter of this season, I fear it’ll not be too effective… We live in hope! :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Realistically we aren’t going to get 3k season ticket holders never mind 5k but I like the idea. You can’t just reduce ST prices just in case numbers remain the same or lower then the club is just losing money. At least this way they will have worked everything out so that they can’t be in a worse position but us paying fans still get something back.
As I say, I can’t see it happening but I like the thought behind it and the 10 prizes are great too. I’ll never moan about the club trying something new and different, so well done Walsall.

3 Likes

I like this idea and I think the club need praising for this.

However, with our ■■■■ home form of the last couple of years, too many years of underinvestment in the squad, the ■■■■ football on display currently and the current manager telling us it’s all over this season will ensure that the coming season tickets sales numbers will be particularly poor.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/i/status/1234780740723838976

3 Likes