Early Bird Season Tickets for 23/24

It killed me years ago :laughing:

3 Likes

They aren’t going to publish a post saying “Season ticket sales are 40% down from last season, but there are 3 days left to secure your seat for next season! Buy now :point_right:t2:

It would just look bad, the figures will be released afterwards.

All the fans I know who are not on here have or are renewing. They number around 16 which I know is a small sample. None of them are happy at the football being served up and I think for a lot it amounts to “one last chance” However for me I will continue to go as long as I can for the laughs I have have with old friends and new.The football at times is almost incidental to the afternoon out.

5 Likes

I get that , and I still attend a huge amount of home and away games.

But I am not blind to the noise around me, I know a few loyal fans at the point of giving up or scaling back.

It will be interesting.

I agree with your last comment. I just hope the Club are open about the number sold after Monday. Last year we hit just over 3,000 so if we don’t get more than 2,400 we will be worse off than this year.

1 Like

If 37 percent non renewal is played out across the wider population I dread to think what our budget will be for next season

I’m afraid that Walsall fc is in my blood. I will still go even if we get relegated to the conference.
What else would I do on every other Saturday afternoon?

2 Likes

Sure Leigh said last season that they wouldn’t release exact numbers due to confidentiality agreements with key stakeholders.

That’s the usual excuse they give when they want to keep the mushrooms in the dark.

1 Like

ZomboTrudgeon?

3 Likes

I know it’s Small sample size but if this is relative to the wider ticket base this is worrying for the club

I’ve not renewed simply because I will be in Spain for longer during next season, particularly the winter period. If I was guaranteed to be here for 14/15 games then I would have renewed, but I’ll probably only see 10 or so. I will be at every game when I’m here and will renew my ifollow ST, so it’s nothing to do with losing interest or a protest at the football on offer.

2 Likes

Probably will be some drop off but likely nowhere near the 40ish % above.

With any survey of this type almost all that are disenchanted will tend to respond where as only a part of those that will just renew will respond so the result will be heavily skewed. Having said that even if it is less than half that, say a 15% or even a 10% drop off, sends a clear message that things need to improve and you can’t just take continued loyalty for granted.

3 Likes

Renewed the 7 in our house however haven’t renewed the parking pass and won’t be doing either.

I was looking to buy 3 and defended the price rise but the last few weeks has made me realise that there are more negatives than positives. The same sound-bytes from the Fans Forum was the final nail.

To be fair it’s no surprise that numbers are down, given the numbers sold last year were exceptional and the highest for many years. Numbers would be down even if prices were frozen. Hopefully the club gains maximum revenue to enable it to continue to give the manager a competitive budget. Always worth bearing on mind despite the uptick in audiences this season we’re still only the 12th highest average and many of our tickets are for juniors who are effectively FOC.

2 Likes

We are going to renew as I’m hoping that lessons will have been learned from this season.

1 Like

Well, you obviously haven’t learned yours. :laughing:

2 Likes

Ha ha. Lessons learnt that will be a first.

I know. Every year I said that’s enough but still renew hoping that next season will be our year.

2 Likes