Early Bird Season Tickets for 23/24

Can’t not have a S/T to be honest . This club is in my blood through good and bad . My dad is 80 and still wants to go like he has for the past 70 odd years. It’s our time together sharing the trials and tribulations of WFC .
It’s our memory’s that we make .
UTS

9 Likes

What have you found out

Refused a meeting with a fan group who have given them thousands of pounds in recent years no explanation other that thats what the forums are for bad form for me.If that were anything other than a football club it wouldnt be acceptable but its ok they can treat people like shite and play on blind loyalty.

3 Likes

I assume that you mean ISSA. If so then I agree entirely after all the work and support they have given to the club over the past few years.
Funnily enough, when I was reading the feed on here from the meeting on Monday, I thought about ISSA, particularly when some of the day to day questions were being raised, particularly regarding disabled access and the like.
These were the sorts of issues that were being dealt with at the working group meetings. The time at the fans forum meeting would have been better spent on the wider strategic issues and ambitions of the club.

7 Likes

Agree mate it tells me they dont like being asked questions.

3 Likes

ISSA sent a letter to invite Trivela to meet with us so we could let them know what we are all about, what we have done, what we are doing right now and what our plans for the future are. Including work in the local community, which we believe was a keen interest of theirs.

The letter was polite and sent with good intentions.

The response was that Walsall F.C. will continue to communicate with supporters directly through established communications channels and that on a practical level supporters are encouraged to communicate through the SLO. “It would be inefficient to open up any other channels”

The response didn’t match the letter that was sent at all. Personally, I was very disappointed that they aren’t even interested in what we are all about. It appears that our efforts to support the club have long been forgotten, those are just my thoughts.

Building a good relationship would have been good. ISSA will continue to do all the things it was set up to do.

20 Likes

That’s because you ask them questions they don’t want to be asked mate.
ISSA for me is one of the best things that’s happened in recent years, I enjoy Saturday mornings at the club more than the game itself, when you organise and do many charity events it looks good for Walsall fC. I remember the plaudits they where given when them food van was put on manor hospital during the pandemic and the nhs staff where given food.
Nothing but good has come with the formation of ISSA imo.

8 Likes

Did it even get to Trivela?

The club are so appalling sometimes. Really disappointing

10 Likes

Probably never got past the 3 amigo’s :wink:
They have an easy ride at the moment, while telling Trivela what they WANT them to hear, they don’t want anyone telling them a few home truths

5 Likes

This was my first thought.
Has the old guard intercepted it and responded?

2 Likes

Nobody likes being asked questions when they don’t have the answers to them.

2 Likes

Those kind of tactics have Mole and Gamble written all over it.

4 Likes

I’m presuming that the "three amigos " have reassured our owners that the trust represents all supporters and to ignore stroppy bastards like yourselves. Is this the first year that the trust has run the player of the year?

Yeah it appears the trust have wormed their way back in. :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

Normal business resumed.

4 Likes

They were never out. Remember the “wear your retro top” bollocks when fans were being banned from the ground. Uncle toms

1 Like

#Truthsayers :wink:

1 Like

Renewed. Giving it another season. A factor is that it is now a £100 cheaper 'cos I’m officially an old bastid and DS jnr is now earning and has paid for his own.

1 Like

I sent the letter by email to the SLO. I received a response from the SLO just under a week later stating the board had seen our request and their response is as follows. Then a short statement including what I wrote above. Email signed off by the SLO.

I guess we can only take their word it was passed on.

I was really disappointed with the response as were all of the committee. ISSA is the biggest supporters group associated with Walsall F.C. and has achieved a lot helping in the local community, not to mention the support that has been given to the club. We aren’t the enemy. I thought they would have been interested.

It’s not for me to talk about what the Trust is doing, it’s not an us versus them either as far as I am concerned.

I never intended to take over the thread with this, I should have realised, so apologies for that. I was just replying to a post that was made, to clear things up.

12 Likes

Signed up for another year