Early birds

I’ll be buying five in the main stand, with a view to maintaining social distancing.
Although one in the top corner of the Upper Purple Floors2Go Gilbert Alsop Stand might be a better, and cheaper, option.

2 Likes

The whole Early Bird ticket scheme, a byproduct of the Bonser era. Ffs is it too much to ask for new ideas and incentives?

More fans might just take a chance (defo myself) if there was some fresh impetus with all these tired, wrung out reminders of the fact we are paying 400k to play at our own ground and that this will always have a huge impact on what Walsall FC is, and our ability to compete.

This is not an attack on anyone in particular. All comes back to injecting some freshness into a stale and stagnant club.

1 Like

I think the concept of just handing money over to keep the likes of Guthrie and Sinclair on their 100k salaries, won’t be received well this year.

Like Funk says I think the club will need to come up with something better, if they have any hope.

For me this isn’t a case of who’s loyal and who’s not that’s a daft way of looking at things. It’s more a case of what those families currently struggling will gain from handing over much needed money.

1 Like

For those who kept there season ticket money in the club, I would have thought that the ‘early bird’ price would be extended up until the start of next season.

Also, be able to buy the third kit ( with peoples names on) at heavily discounted price.

3 Likes

Haven’t been a ST holder for many years now due to geography, even more so these days. Will buy an ifollow ST again though and then attend a few home games when I am visiting family in the area plus any away games I can get to…

Not sure it is worth launching this type of scheme in the current climate though. Maybe better waiting to see what happens over the next few months and then offer incentives when there is more certainty.

The club should really concentrate on those that paid for this season / last in the first instance.

1 Like

For that reason I voted no for now.

Same here chunks. I’d still prefer to buy into club if allowed. But as you say it was flatly refused when I put it directly to lee Pomlett. , But that proposal was pre covid so maybe that would. Be. Reconsidered now

If say 100 of us off. here. Put 2k each in we could again go back to the club, as. They have always said previously that this would. Be the sort of figure required for fan representation on the board.
Albeit it was bonser who said it and not the current chairman.

Better still get 200. Or 300. Fans. Putting. 2 k and you’re talking serious cash for the club, Via a share issue. Surely we would generate. Enough fans who would be interested

Problem lies tho. That when I put it to the chairman he was advised by Steph gamble at the time. That he needed to retain a 76 percent shareholding. In order. To retain full control , So this will always be a stumbling block.

But if club did say. That 200k would. Get. Fan representation And That a consortium of 100 fans. Could. After passing a fit and proper person. Test. Could then. Nominate one person or group. To speak on there behalf. At board level, Then. I’m in no doubt. The 100 fans would be found of this site. No problem.

Those 100 fans could then nominate. An individual. From within the group. To be the person. Who spoke With club. Or even nominate one of the recognised fan groups. To do so. Many options. But. I still think. Answer would be a firm no

1 Like

Just how many of those who voted no don’t have a season ticket anyway?
How many of those who voted no bought an early bird for this season?
That would give more of a true picture.

1 Like

That’s irrelevant really, almost 40% of people in this thread would not potentially renew. That’s enough to cause concern.

Got a feeling that Pomlett and co will suspend the early bird scheme until it’s 100% certain that fans can attend again.

No question about it, when we can start going back every week, I will renew.

2 Likes

I think that we would be expelled from the EFL if it was found out that the beneficial owner of the club is not the one who is shown on the registration with the EFL and the club website (which is a requirement under the rules of the EFL)

Pursuant to EFL Regulation 112.6:

“Each Club shall publish the identities of the ultimate owner (Person, not Entity) of each Significant Interest in the Club (as that term is defined Rule 1.1 of Appendix 3). That information shall as a minimum be published on the Club’s official website on a page accessible directly from the home page of that Official Club Website.”

The ultimate controlling party for the above purposes is Mr. Leigh Martin Pomlett who holds a 75.9% shareholding

And here is the answer, if you want fans to hand money over then you mate need to give a little in return. Otherwise it just becomes a case of lining the pockets of the current share holders.

Not if that 40% never had a season ticket and wouldn’t buy one anyway

Voted No, not had a season ticket in years due to being a carer and working most weekends.

Why would people lie on a supporters forum? That doesn’t make sense.

I’ve voted no. I had one this year and happily left my money in the club and will buy another one once there is a bit more hope that we can actually watch some football next season but not really in a position to pay up front at this stage for something we may not be able to see.

1 Like

They’re not lying. The question was:

There’s no question of did you have one before or would you never buy one anyway.

Ok, but the way I see it almost 40% answering no is an issue. Even if only 20% of those have season ticket a present.

1 Like

To be fair to Andy he’s been donating a lot on the crowdfunder and pretty regularly… so well done that man. :+1:

1 Like

If I was the owner I wouldn’t want that either! :rofl::wink:

2 Likes