Early birds

Snob :grin: :wink:

1 Like

Are these the same 100+ fans that said they wanted to give regular monthly payments to the club during the current situation? Because it looks like almost none of them gave those pledged monthly payments to the crowdfunder?

And a lot of our fans can barely agree on things at the best of times. What happens when you’ve got 100 fans who’ve put their money in wanting their day and not agreeing? It’s a recipe for disaster and another reason the owner wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole.

4 Likes

Which is why i would advocate around 5 fans putting in £40,000 each to achieve the same cash injection but without the headache of that situation :wink:

I said hundred fans on here may want to do it,

As for the ones who pledged. To direct debit to my knowledge some. Did indeed boost robs fund,

But if they didn’t. Does it make them less of a fan in your eyes then because they. Offered to support one scheme but not another,
There are many ways fans are contributing via various groups. And doing a great job into the bargain with some groups working. Closely on various little fundraisers. With much bigger joint ventures planned. When. The situation allows

You trying to belittle fans who offered. To contribute to one effort but not another. Is. A bit below the belt, When it’s these fans. Who have bent over backwards to help club in. The best way they saw fit.

I’d have thought the main goal. Was to get cash into club. And it matters not one jot. From which source, Fan group or individuals it comes from

You really should. Let. It go. Or come up with an idea. That. Some but not all may be willing to back

I for one will back. Any genuine idea you may come up with. Just as I have and asked others to do. With. The various fan groups ventures to date

Still don’t think it would be accepted chunkster.

I get the fact that. They say. Commercially sensitive information. And it’s not for fans. Ears.etc.

But are they not in the next breath. Saying how. They are all fans first and foremost so what’s the difference. Between. Me you and countless others., The make up of the board. Staying the same after the takeover. Proves it’s a closed shop and no matter who the majority shareholder is. Can’t see it changing. No matter how small or large. The. Group trying to buy the seat is

1 Like

Probably for the best tbf can imagine it would get rather messy with our fans on the board lol

2 Likes

I voted yes.

But if we chose to “strike” with the single demand being full disclosure on the rent situation during covid then I’d be up for that.

I’d feel hugely let down if I find we are paying any more than 10% of the rent during these times.

4 Likes

I will be, just because it’s my weekend hobbie/habit.

2 Likes

We will renew our four again. Despite me threatening. Not to do so. If only to try and see club survive

Will I go to the home games as often when allowed back in. Maybe not, As. Both lads have said they don’t want to go. Anymore But me and Mrs will do every away game.

Never thought I’d see the day that after 56 years I’d say. I couldn’t be bothered,

But truth being. With what’s gone on last few years and with. Nothing but a bleak outlook. For our future. Can’t say I’m missing the football whatsoever.
The social side yes. But the football no

even watching on I follow. Has. become more of a chore. / Duty. Rather than a pleasure

I’ll still meet mates pre. game but will stay in pub and await there return. After the game more than likely

On the upside club will still get my cash. But the downside is I think there may be many who have found an alternative to a Saturday at the match , and club need to come up with. Something. Special To get them back

2 Likes

It would be more lively, but i couldn’t see it being any less professional after todays revelations :grin: :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve voted undecided. I renewed my ST for this season accepting I would see no football until the New Year (I’d thought we’d be back from January 2nd onwards) and didn’t ask for any refund last season. I haven’t made use of iFollow as I’m just not interested, I want to watch live or not at all.
I don’t know about next season. If it looks like games will be “normal” again, I will probably renew, if not, I’m not sure.

1 Like

I haven’t said what you’re inferring so I suggest you stop putting words in my mouth.

You’ve completely missed the point.

Which was part of my point.
It’s not really practical to have loads of fingers in the pie when a lot of the time there are disagreements over minor things. It’d be even worse at board level.

The club have had thousands off the fans in the last year in the way of donations time they gave something back if Adebayo leave’s and use the money to finance a decent replacement

What were you saying then? Just seemed like a cheap dig to be honest. Those people were there ready to sign up to the Direct Debit scheme. ISSA put it out to the members several times to encourage them to donate to the fundraiser and promoted the raffles. We have a good working relationship with the WSA and Rob was very thankful An ISSA member actually won one of the prizes I think.

ISSA members aren’t some kind of secret society, they are just fans the same as you and I. There are many who post on UTS, they aren’t separate in any way, they are just the same faces you see at the games each week (or at least before last March) Olly never even mentioned ISSA members, it was you who took it upon yourself to put it across that way.

For what it is worth, I am not a fan of mass fan representation on the board either, I don’t think it would work, that’s just my personal opinion but it is something I know more than a few have shown an interest in.

2 Likes

My kids are the same mate why people think fans will come running back in there thousands I Dont know this is more likely to cost us fans if anything

1 Like

We would be sent to the naughty corner mate lol

1 Like

Personally I still think the fan fund raising is too disjointed , I fail to see why there can’t be one account for donations to the club as long as it’s administered correctly , just feel if everything was a little more joined up more people would be inclined to contribute , i speak as someone who has contributed.

2 Likes

We ( Issa ) are advising. All our members to support robs. Funding drive if they possibly can at this point in time. Until he has reached his target.

Fair play .