Early birds

To be fair the club took alot of flak from ISSA for not setting up the direct debit scheme. Along the lines of how stupid they were in missing out on the regular income. Robs scheme offered a credible alternative to achieve the same objective. I think (I may be wrong) the target went from £5k to £10k in anticipation of ISSA members contributing through Just Giving. This hasn’t happened.

Of course, individual fans may be contributing in a different ways. Maybe its sour grapes because the club gave ISSA the knock back or perhaps there wasn’t that groundswell of support for the direct debit scheme in the first place?

1 Like

Again, you are talking about ISSA members like they are completely different species. You don’t even have to be an ISSA member to join the Facebook page where we put out the message to get behind the crowdfunding, a lot aren’t.

The numbers were there for the scheme, or it would never have been taken to the club. As far as I am aware the crowdfunding total was raised because the initial total was reached, nothing more. The club may have had flak for not accepting the direct debit scheme but all we did was put out a completely truthful and accurate statement of why it wasn’t going ahead. No sour grapes as far as I am concerned. It was immediately put out there to get behind Robs scheme if possible and followed it up on several occasions. I’m not sure what more could have been done. Do you really think members of a supporters group really didn’t get behind the scheme because of sour grapes? I can’t see it myself. As I said previously they are Walsall supporters the same as you and I.

It would be absolutely chaos,fans representatives would be forced to stand up for what the majority of the investors wanted. I think that would mean voting with the heart a lot of the time,whereas the other board members would be making very hard choices,but made with business in mind. It wouldn’t stand a chance of working.

2 Likes

I think you would have to agree to having a couple of representatives, or maybe just the one? and you would have to do all the arguing between yourselves before putting it to the board, even i can see that having a multitude of fans arguing at a board meeting just wouldn’t work :wink:

1 Like

It would start all hunkydory and jolly good company,but you wait for the first contentious decision on the first contentious subject,their would be civil war both between all the investors, and the fans representative and the board members.

2 Likes

A few years ago, I approached Scunthorpe United with a proposal to invest £500k in return for a seat on the board. All was progressing well, but the deal fell through when they learnt that I’d included a condition to change their nickname from “The Irons” to “The C**ts”

4 Likes

You should have suggested Typhoo become the main sponsor. After all they put the ‘T’ in Britain you could have put the ‘■■■■’ in Scunthorpe.

3 Likes

Undecided, happy to continue to support the club even if we still have to watch online but not if we continue to see this miguided, overly woke support for BLM. Will not support any organisation that promotes an extremist political organisation planning to stand in elections that advocates the defunding of police, the destruction of the family unit and capitalism and is in it’s own beliefs racist.

3 Likes

I voted no on the assumption that the scheme would be a normal March window. I initially didn’t renew last year as I had had enough of the manager and his decision making.
Did relent and renewed after the scheme was reopened purely to give the new owner some apparently deserved support.
I am not on the whole enjoying our football and I have intimated elsewhere that I believe a major factor in our lack of improvement is down to poor decision making by the manager, be that handling of players, team selection and ill-advised downright unprofessional comments to the media. Our set of players could be moulded into a more effective consistent unit by someone else in my view. To probably undermine credibility of my opinion, I believe that even I could do that job.
I will wait to see how the coming months play out and if in my opinion the football is consistently better and enjoyable and/or there’s a change in manager and I see what sort of a squad we’re left with, then I might get a season ticket then.
Obviously should we achieve promotion this year then I would immediately jump back on the bandwagon regardless!
For all my negativity, mathematically if nothing else, promotion remains a possibility and therefore the manager could still have the last laugh.
Sorry for this explanation, just noticed that one was only requested for undecideds!

2 Likes

News flash: they’re supporting a principle, not an organisation.

Stay on topic :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I answered yes because I will support the Club until I can no longer go but agree it would not be right to have an “early bird” scheme this year on the same basis as other years. I think the Club will have to await developments on the virus.

I will be taking up any offer the club make as I have always done so and plan to do so until I’m unable to. All clubs face a dilemma as to what product they are able to offer with any certainty.

I haven’t voted, as my No vote would be irrelevant.

ST is not for me, but I’ll buy IFollow pass for the next season. Waited too long to watch games not to do this. So no voting.

I’m getting mine it’s my hobbie / habit can’t wait to get back supporting the lads ive missed it so bad :wink:

2 Likes

@DanG_WFC you have an admirer

1 Like