EFL Cup 2nd round draw

Well chunkster are you that excited about the team again that you might be with us in the lower behind the goals tomorrow bustin a lung for the lad’s ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I would like nothing better, all I am waiting for is the announcement that Bonser has sold up and I will be queuing at the ticket office. Unfortunately my dislike for him outweighs my love for the team at the moment :disappointed:

chunkster

I would like nothing better, all I am waiting for is the announcement that Bonser has sold up and I will be queuing at the ticket office. Unfortunately my dislike for him outweighs my love for the team at the moment :disappointed:

Nose off face cut spite comes to mind

When I saw this draw, guess what came to mind?

1 Like

I can’t argue with that

That’s a shame because this team are a proper team. Gritty. Determined. Fast. Powerful. Attack minded. Organised. It’s brilliant to watch.

1 Like

I am already planning a trip to Rochdale😄

No fighting!! :smile::joy::kissing_heart:

1 Like

:joy::joy: At my age i would be doing well to pick my fists up :joy::wink:

Ticket prices announced
Adults - £13, Concessions (O60s/U18s) - £7, Family Ticket (1 Adult + 1 U18) - £17

Match on Tuesday 28th August at 19:45

Only Main Stand and Tile choice lower open for Walsall.
Macc behind the other goal.

Watched the highlights of the 83 season milk cup run last night. Some incredible performances against arsenal and the kings of Europe Liverpool. Some of the most memorable nights of my life that year travelling to Barnsley, rotherham. Liverpool and arsenal as well as barnsley and Shrewsbury at home, both of whom were good division 2 teams at the time. To me although the fa cup is bigger, this competition still is huge. The fa cup has lost some of its magic especially cup final day which used to be a full days viewing on BBC and itv.

Wasn’t it a great time Sandysaddler, and you are right, having beaten Barnsley and Shrewsbury, we had already notched two “giant” killings before even getting to Highbury.

Some great nights at Arsenal, Rovrum and Liverpool, but when I think of my favourite Walsall memories, that Gary Childs goal against Salop takes some beating.

Over 30 years ago though. How did that happen? :astonished:

1 Like

Amazing season that. I was living in Manchester so only saw all the away games in the League Cup (plus the 2nd leg of the semi-final at Fellows Park against Liverpool). The first round, first leg was an abject 2-1 defeat at Blackpool - my next game that season was the embarrassment of the 8-1 defeat in the league at Bolton. Who would have thought after those debacles that we would end up playing Arsenal off the park at Highbury, reaching the semi-finals and drawing at Anfield and just avoiding promotion by signing the truly abysmal Dave Bamber!

1 Like