EFL Cup 2nd round

Wasnt this in the FA cup when we won 2-1…Jorge scored that goal none of us could see from our angel and only knew he scored by his celebrations…

What a day that was and will always stick in my mind…

14 years ago…wow how time flys

3 Likes

Got to laugh at those discussing the game, one of them being Pete Waterman, who is now a fully fledged Coventry City fan :roll_eyes:

He was always a plastic fan…I remember people asking him too buy wfc…sure he just said no im a fan, then goes too cov…

He used to come with his son. When his son died he said he couldn’t bear to come back without his son.

2 Likes

Charlton tickets now on sale. Upstairs is open this time, season ticket holders have until 10 am on Tuesday to book their seats, after which they go on general sale.

1 Like

Got ours but we’ve had to go in main stand as family stand shut again.

Got mine. It’ll be a tough ask to beat Charlton but not an impossible one. Flynn has a difficult job ahead with 4 league games and the Charlton game all in the space of 2 weeks. If we are to beat Charlton you’d imagine we’ll need to put out our strongest 11. That’s arguably the team that has played the 2 league matches with possibly one change of Bennett in for White.

With the fixture congestion, and the weather being a factor I’m looking forward to see how Flynn handles the squad over the next 3 league games. The fact that I am looking forward to it, rather than the usual sense of impending doom is testimony to the quality we have in the squad and belief in the manager.

There’s something about Walsall right now and it could be something very special; Buy the ticket, take the ride…

4 Likes

Tried to buy my ticket online this morning but despite signing in the system won’t let me buy my season ticket seat!
I’ll have to give them a call this morning when the ticket office opens.

You should have a reserved ticket listed in your profile. If you try to buy a ticket using “Find Tickets” it won’t let you select your season ticket seat that way.

Thanks, I didn’t know that. However I found it and it wants to charge me £10 and I’m 70 years old!

Given Charlton demolished Plymouth on Tues, and we’ve, um, gone South, everyone still confident this is an easy pass into R3??

1 Like

Just ring the ticket office using your house phone, it works wonderfully well because phones work and have provenly done so for decades - even entire generations, and our ticket office staff are brill :+1:

You also avoid dealing with it whatever that is. :wink:

We don’t have a house ‘phone anymore. I’m hoping this makes me all modern and with it.

Just means you’re screwed if your mobile network drops out and you want to ring someone up. :anguished:

1 Like

I was working down in Greenwich on Tuesday/Wednesday and went to the match, was a pretty close match until James Wilson got sent off for a Handball. Charlton looked pretty good after that. They’ve got a winger on loan from Palace who looked handy and Dobbo dictated play in the middle.

The old copper network has had its day. Other nations with later take-up of telephony have gone straight to digital.

I’ve no idea how it all works but we get everything through one supplier and to be honest, the Wi-Fi and network and cable TV was more reliable than the landline. The landline didn’t drop frequently btw.

Anyway - I could always run out to the nearest phone bo……. You’re right - we need a plan B.

Neighbours - that’s it. In a modern flip on an old theme we could knock on some neighbours doors.

We had a landline as I grew up. But quite a few folk in the street didn’t. So they’d come to ours. We had a little box where they’d stick a 10p in (not to operate the ‘phone - just a contribution). I got a few 10p sweet mixes out of that box whilst mom and dad bemoaned the tight neighbours who weren’t leaving money. :lollipop: :candy:

What have you been doing in the meantime?

13 Likes

I say, well played sir. :clap: