Emmanuel Osadebe

From quite a few I’d imagine - it was only a minority screaming at him at Rochdale, and there were lots sticking up for him. The consensus on here or elsewhere online is not always reflected across the whole fanbase.

5 Likes

The whole team got a very warm round of applause from those already in the Homeserve when they came over a moment ago. Nothing negative towards any of them - including Osadebe.

3 Likes

Is the gate poor?

Hanging off its hinges.

3 Likes

Great run and cross for the goal - undoubted ability, if only it could be unlocked regularly.

1 Like

Wonder if Brentford or Burnley scouts are here? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You will have to describe what this word means mate, we come from Walsall and don’t understand such long and complicated words.

Played well first half, but drifted in and out second half. Came over and applauded the fans at the end, so good on him for that.

9 Likes

Looked like everyone needed an end to this dreadful season , players and fans alike

1 Like

I’m certain that drinkininge is a major factor in fans behaviour at away matches. A lot is consumed prior to matches, I know that the same could be said of home matches too, but not so much. At Rochdale, like a lot of lower league grounds fans are within a couple of feet of the playing area, tempers flare and we all saw the consequences, when individual players cannot escape the wrath of a few individuals venting their fury.
I have my doubts whether the Oss will make it into Flynn’s little red book for next season, he shows flare, but his distribution can be awful, we shall see.

Only Walsall fans aye. Bet the sponsors are lining up to leave Chelsea now …

9 Likes

Older fans will remember more spectacular confrontations with Eric Cantona, although that was an opposition fan, and Alberto Tarantini at Birmingham.

I am not sure anyone would have confronted Bernie Wright, however badly he had played.

Not if you had any sense you wouldn’t Lol

1 Like

The one I really remember at Walsall is Trevor Christie. It was later on in his time with us because, in that first season, he was phenomenal and I think we all felt lucky to have such a well known and exciting player at the club.

But later on, there was one match in particular where he’d not had a good game and, of course, at Fellows Park, the players had to funnel into the corner to get down to the dressing rooms. Well Trevor copped for a lot of comments that day, not too many of them complimentary! And he wasn’t averse to giving it back either, if my memory recalls correctly!

Remember when christie came back in the side after his lengthy spell out with i think was an achillies injury , and getting loads of abuse and was even goaded to miss a penalty at the street end one game and had to be lead away from the fans by David Kelly after celebrating scoring it and giving it back to the street enders :joy:

1 Like

That would definitely be around the same time. Might even have been the same match. Thanks for the memory.

… anyway, point being, it’s interesting that Tuchel had the exact same reaction as Flynn did, and I’d also say the fans have much less to moan about than we do, what with being in an FA Cup final and being reigning European Champions.

1 Like

What happened with Tarantini? I remember them signing him, , and I don’t think he lived up to expectations, to put it mildly, but I don’t remember that.

I know he was sent off twice in the same season against Wolves. One of them was after the final whistle I think and I wonder if that was when the altercation with a fan happened.
I remember the story about him punching a Man Utd player, I think, which the ref didn’t see, and he was asked about it afterwards and said he’d done nothing, so he was asked why a player fell down in front of him and he said “I think he was tired and wanted a rest.”

2 Likes

Back to the topic: I haven’t had the privilege of watching many games this season but in the few I have watched, Oss has been brilliant at times - I even think he was MoM once. IMHO there is a really good footballer in there. He can make things happen when he’s on the ball and in the right mind set: it only needs a good coach to bring the consistency that he needs. After all, we’ve got few enough players who can make things happen and I would be glad to see him with us next season under Flynn.

2 Likes