Emmanuel Osadebe

10 assists in 88 games. I mean you’re not wrong, anyone with two legs can “make something happen”. I’d want more than that from my attacking midfielder…

1 Like

We’ve had loads of players like that, just like every other lower league team.
I prefer players who don’t have to be in the right mind set, they just go out and do their job the best they can, whatever the day, whatever the opposition, whatever job the manager asks them to do - Neil Pointon, Rambo, Roger Hynd, Darren Wrack, Adam Chambers, Dean Keates, Super Donny Goodman, Jason Demetriou and many, many others.

3 Likes

It’s a bullshit excuse anyway. “Right frame of mind” was posted by a certain poster previously who was using his slight upturn in form as a way to say “see, it was all Matt Taylor’s fault! He’s Premier League quality! He was clearly demotivated”, conveniently ignoring he’d been shit under 2 other managers previously too, including the bloke we are rolling out the red carpet for on Saturday who will probably be promoted this season.

And shock horror, after a short bounce under Flynn he’s one of the players that has reverted to type. Maybe Flynn just “won’t be getting the best out of him” either.

2 Likes

Hopefully, the fans and the players alike will be motivated enough to unite and put a spanner in the wheel of the Port Vale party bus!

Surely, Osadebe will want to show his previous gaffer what he’s missing. Who knows, he might do a Junior and score a hat trick against the team that ends up signing him! :innocent:

6 Likes

It’s odd that Osadebe gets it in the neck for not making things happen in every game more than others who never makes things happen in any game.

I agree that he should score more and have more assists but, against Carlisle, he made the goal but did not get an assist. Had Rodney knocked in at the far post on Monday it would have been Kiernan with the assist but Osadebe would have made the major contribution with his run.

In a team where one or two others are dangerous too, he would be very effective at this level.

2 Likes

I wonder how many times the other thread jumping on players has to be linked before people drop this nonsense :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

No one gets as much stick as Osadebe.

5 Likes

His record this season shows than on average he creates slightly more than 1 chance per 90 minutes played - which seems to indicate the issue with his overall assists total is more to do with the people he is creating them for than with him. And while I agree that total is nothing to write home about, this season he has more than anyone else in the team.

So he may be crap, but he’s not the worst crap we have and singling him out on that score is unwarranted. The question that this thread has been asking though is not whether he ought to be got rid of because he’s not good enough and can’t be improved (in which case we’d more or less need a whole new squad) but specifically because of what happened at Rochdale. I’ve given my perspective on that, as have several others who were there, and while there have been some extreme reactions there doesn’t seem to be a consensus to support that happening.

2 Likes

Is that supposed to be good? For a number 10 :joy::joy: “oh well, they didn’t score from the one chance I managed to pass for this game, see you next week”

He doesn’t though. Mills gets pelters whenever he actually plays. Labadie has been labelled a complete flop. Have you seen what was said about Ash Taylor before he left? Have you seen some of the things that have been said about Mayo lately? How about Steven Ward? I’ve seen Kiernan cop flack.

Like I said, the threads for this have literally been posted above, it’s real weird they are still ignored for this narrative.

It’s just complete nonsense that he gets it worse than others, his fanboys are just more defensive.

1 Like

Well it puts him 15th in the table of all L2 players this season so make your own mind up. No other Walsall player makes the top 25.

2 Likes

15th. In the 15th best team, in the 10 position. Yeah my mind is made up, that’s just as shit as we are :+1: not sure why you’re comparing other Walsall players, as I’ve pointed out, they all get pelters. But not all of them play attacking mid or wing back, two positions where assists are pretty critical. Don’t think I ever claimed Tyrese Shade or Brendan Kiernan was much better, they’re sub standard as well.

1 Like

Because of his attitude towards fans :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Debunked by another Taylor up the thread.

You don’t go to games so you have absolutely no idea how the stick goes, it’s aimed at all fans.
As for twitter, are you on there to see how he speaks/spoke to fans?

It’s fact, but yeah let’s blame our fans. We know what you think of them anyway calling them ‘retards’.

All quick with your massive generalisations. I called the fans who abused one of our players retards. I apologise for that. It’s an out-of-date expression, like their expressing their opinions in the way they did. I should have called them idiots. Or fools. Perhaps stupid. Ignorant. Knuckledraggers at a pinch, do you think? Maybe throwbacks, or just a sad minority?

3 Likes

No point trying to change it. You end up having to apologise every week here. Maybe practice what you preach, engage your brain first?

4 Likes

At least he’s not repeatedly calling people who disagree with him fascists.

UTS worst mod at it again.

He’s on a bit of a crusade isn’t he, that Exile?

1 Like