Emmanuel Osadebe

Couldn’t agree more :+1:

Nowt wrong with giving it back for me. However it might be nice if he had saved that frustration and aggression for on the pitch.

Be glad to see the back of him to be honest. A poster boy for the Pomlett era. Absolute dogshite.

11 Likes

I’ll concede a little one this , but I also think he got shown a lot of support when his form picked up. Both from the stands and social media.

He has been targeted for reasons of his own doing, his social media nonsense, his body language on the pitch and a few altercations he’s managed to have with fans.

Also notable that fans of his previous clubs have similar stories. He will regret it when his career comes to an abrupt end.

4 Likes

Totally agree, he’s no angel here. This is a build up of a lot of things.

3 Likes

You’ve probably had more on here mate over the years :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s all vent up frustration from Emmanuel himself and the fan base.I’d hazard a guess that Oss isn’t exactly enjoying sitting at the bottom of league two as we aren’t,he is most probably frustrated that his form has took a massive nosedive and has reacted to the fans.

If Oss isn’t even contemplating the fact we are where we are in the league he’s in the wrong game because that means he doesn’t care.

But it does come down to professionalism at the end of the day.The best players take it as water off a ducks back and give a little smile or cup the ear after they’ve scored,to square up to your own fans to me is a step too far and completely unacceptable from a “professional” footballer.They get paid good money and they know as soon as they walk on a pitch they’ll get some form of abuse so do I condone it no will it happen every single week absolutely and if he can’t take that go and work in a factory it really is that simple.

1 Like

Shame because he’s clearly a talented player, should definitely get on the bench for Brentford next season.

Just keep smiling :smiley:

I’ll tentatively stick my twopeneth into what was an embarrassing situation whichever way you look at it. 1) I did not hear any rascist abuse, and I was very close to the incident. 2) Oss’s actions without question took a situation that was in football terms, an everyday 4/10 venting of frustration at a woeful performance, and in particular a diabolical few minutes of play in which he was involved which would have blown itself out with maybe a couple of minutes effort involving maybe a tackle or a run at goal to change the mood, to about a 9/10 potential confrontation that could have been quite nasty and have had consequences for the club. I didn’t think there was any need for it at the time he started with his sarcasm in my opinion it was a real “oh no what’s he doing?” reaction from myself and those I was sat with, that said its just my opinion.

13 Likes

I agree entirely. It seems that once again we have a core group of players at the club who do not care a jot about the club and there needs to be a big clear out to get rid of them. I don’t understand why we keep having this situation every season.

1 Like

We’re like the Man Utd of L2, with Oss as Pogba, Menayese as Maguire, and Labadie as Fred :joy:

10 Likes

Because Club is being run down. Into the ground
To facilitate One last final stage Of an exit strategy
Would be my guess

4 Likes

I personally finished with Osadebe earlier this season, when he dived and the opposition scored.
He wasn’t touched yet the embarrassment led him to feign injury and he was carried off, i and knew he was faking as he wasn’t touched.
He then played the next game a few days later.
Joke player, idiot of a man.

12 Likes

I think it’s understandable that he would react, not based on one game but he’s been moaned at all season whether it’s on the pitch or social media ( yes I know, if I was a footballer I wouldn’t want to log on either). He is human though and it hurts when fans boo and get on your back. I wonder how many on UTS would have a go at him if it was a Sunday league game with 2 or 3 watching and you could easily be identified by the player.

6 Likes

And, as I’ve said on the match thread, it might be a little more understandable if he stood out as a player not trying. Instead, from matches I’ve seen, he’s one of the few who is prepared to give it a go, trying to make something happen. He doesn’t appear to hide in games, which is a lot more than can be said for quite a few others on the pitch, who don’t get that same level of abuse.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I guess it boils down to how much abuse someone is willing to take, we all have different tolerance levels and Paddy had reached his limit.
I’m not defending him, but very much understand where he’s coming from.

2 Likes

On the fans’ reaction, Flynn said: "The referee came over and said one of the supporters pushed Emmanuel. I don’t know what was said, obviously.

"I haven’t asked because if I was stood over there, I probably would have felt exactly the same way as them.
My favourite quote. Nice to see he can see it from fans point of view.

6 Likes

You would be pretty disappointed as a player hearing that from your manager, I like the sentiment by Flynn but the only reason I can think not to defend your player in that situation would be if you know they’re going anyway. Osadebe is incredibly frustrating because I think we can see a player there unfortunately I think two things massively let him down, his first touch and his footballing brain. He is constantly in his own world, his anticipation is close to zero, I’ve never seen someone play a number 10 role and be completely anonymous like he does. He just doesn’t have it and is a big part of two seasons of the worst football i’ve ever seen. However saying that, I don’t think it’s a lack of trying, I just think he isn’t very good and the glimpses of a player are never going to materalise into a consistant league two player.

3 Likes

I’ve been going since mid 70s, yes we had an element that were racist then. But I havent heard racist abuse at Walsall for years. Good. Osadebe should be sacked today. Disgrace.

4 Likes