Emmanuel Osadebe

If he wants to have a pop at the fans he can, I’m not personally arsed. He has been here a season longer than he should have been thanks to Dutton so wouldn’t have been here if not for that decision.

Fundamentally Osadebe is a poor footballer. If we are to improve our league standing and look to return to League 1 we have to have better players than him in the squad. Quite a fall from grace mind, considering some thought we should be building a team round him after scoring two at Kiddy.

1 Like

Have you noticed that there was no mention of this incident in the clubs twitter feed nor the Facebook coverage during game time. Likewise Flynn wasn’t asked any questions on the subject post game. Its all been hushed up by the club for now.

1 Like

Find out who that bloke is who’s wrote that and I’ll pay for his ticket to come to watch us Friday.He can sit right next to me and then I’ll ask him at every juncture what he thinks of that crap effort being displayed then the next crap effort being displayed oh and then the next crap effort being displayed from Osadebe because he will see for himself how poor he’s been for us.The blokes getting paid to play football and yes they have all been poor but there are levels of poorness of which Emmanuel is ranked right down the bottom.They can moan about him being played out of position but that’s only been for the last what 8 games? Every single game before that he’s been played where he’s suppose to thrive and hasn’t so again this bloke can come with me Friday I wasn’t going to go but I’ll take him no problem.

2 Likes

For a club that desperately needs to build some sort of connection between supporters and players having mardy arse half hearted players like Osadebe and Wilkinson etc are last thing it needs. Its been a long time since i have held any sort of affinity for a Walsall player and all it would take is to show a bit of pride in the shirt and their own performances and conduct to turn this around.

4 Likes

Love the meltdown by football fans though. The abuse hurled at footballers and one of them, in one match, does a bit of goading back and its full meltdown. The ironic thing is that most football stands are a cesspit of racist, sexist spout where if you dare disagee you get accused of being a snowflake.
Yet… the moment ANYONE gives a bit back… ice in the sun. Get a grip guys… “Oooooh ive written a letter…”

18 Likes

But it comes down to professionalism surely? Every job, rightly or wrongly, you have abuse thrown your way and you have to accept this and take it without retaliation.

I’m a teacher. I’d be straight out of a job if everytime a pupil or a parent said something offending to me I retaliated.

Footballers are in the public eye and are a role model to so many. They, as much as anyone, have standards to uphold.

Edit - i’m not for one second saying I condone the abuse.

4 Likes

Do you? I mean, I’ve worked in an office job for most of my life. I don’t think anyone has ever screamed abuse at me to be honest.

2 Likes

Okay, every job where you deal with the general public :roll_eyes:

Nice to see you’ve missed the point due to being pedantic, again.

I deal with the general public. Just because you’re in an office doesn’t mean you don’t deal with the general public. That’s the description of millions of jobs. Bit worrying for a teacher to not know that to be honest. That really isn’t pedantic. But of course, I pointed out where you are wrong so I “missed the point”. How predictable.

The narrative that they only get what everybody else does in any other job is complete nonsense. Especially some of the things I’ve heard shouted at black players and females over the years, if one of your parents did that at your school there absolutely would be retaliation, probably in the form of their kid being removed from the school and the parent being reported to an authority.

I don’t know what happened with Osedebe (and if it was criticism of performance that’s absolutely fair) but football fans do sure clutch their pearls real quick.

5 Likes

I’m not going to let this descend into another el_nombre argument because its just pathetic. It totally takes over numerous threads on here

You’re right oh wise one :+1:t2:

1 Like

At least you acknowledge it. Because it’s plain fact. Imagine thinking people in an office don’t deal with the general public then acting like that isn’t cast iron fact :joy::joy::joy:

Okay :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thats all you have took from the post so like I said, okay :+1:t2:

I actually don’t really care what he did off the pitch yesterday - I’m more bothered about how cack he is on the pitch.

1 Like

Well I mean, that was your only response to what I pointed out was wrong with your point …

Then fell back on, “eurgh this is all your fault, another argument!” Instead of considering what I said, really predictably but there we are :sleeping::sleeping:

I’ve been to plenty of games this season and rarely have I seen this bloke receive any abuse.

Unfortunately he’s a Pratt, and shite at his job :wave:t2::wave:t2::wave:t2:

1 Like

That’s not true. There are (almost) always safeguards against abuse. If I had a dozen drunk dickheads shouting abuse at me while I tried to do my job there’s any number of ways I could get them shut down. A bit harder on the pitch, though, isn’t it? I suppose he could file a formal complaint and get footage looked at with a view to getting the worst of them banned.

2 Likes

Doubt the club will respond at all. If they do it won’t be how the fans want the club to respond.
I’m 99% sure he will start Friday

My point is he retaliated though. My wording of the point was a bit loose, but he retaliated, which was wrong in my opinion. I wasn’t mentioning whether those who shouted abuse at him would be punished, as I already said, I don’t condone this.

If I retaliated when a parent is verbally abusive, I would be reprimanded in some way because of this for not upholding professional standards. He similarly has done the same in my opinion.

1 Like

Oh come on Maz, that’s not true. I mean, I think he’s absolutely terrible as well. He’s a non league level footballer, but I’ve absolutely seen him cop abuse. Some warranted, some even by his own manager, some absolutely unwarranted.

I reported racist abuse of Osedebe myself at Port Vale, but good luck finding out who it was in that pile.

I’ll even concede that he doesn’t help himself, with how he conducts himself on line, or offers all the glory to God after we’ve just been pumped 5-0 by Swindon. But he has absolutely copped abuse at times, as they all have and to varying degrees of fairness.

11 Likes