End of Season Awards Dinner

Sums the club up they are even having one.

Celebration of failure, pats on the back all round. Let’s have a knees up.

No one deserves an award so why bother.

1 Like

I’ve watched you posting kingy my old mucka china tea cup sausage roll cupcake and you are on one hell of a wind up you have to be.

Let’s face it, the reason they are having an end of season awards dinner is because it has been done for the last 100 years.
It is the done thing, and because the club is run by dinosaurs and is still stuck in a time warp, it will ALWAYS be done irrespective of the fact there isn’t anything to celebrate, other than the fact we have managed to escape dropping into non league, due to there being a couple of other clubs run even worse than us.

Pretty sure that all clubs have them, irrespective of how successful or otherwise the season has been.

2 Likes

Even relegated clubs? :flushed:

Wasn’t ours cancelled the season we were relegated?

2 Likes

Think so, whether they have dinners or just present the awards on the pitch, I’m not 100%.
We had one last year and we we were probably shitter than now.
Presumably it was well attended?

1 Like

I wish they were more true to life, like an award for worst performance of the season. worst miss on goal, worst penalty etc, it would be more appertaining then :smile:

2 Likes

That wouldn’t be much of a contest this season :joy:

2 Likes

Miller in front of the homeserve? It has to be!!

3 Likes

I am still deciding but the more I see and read of attitudes I am inclined to wait until Xmas to see how things really go.

There should not be an awards dinner. To have a dinner makes it seem as though we have had a good season which we all know is rubbish. The one player who has put his heart and soul into it is Kinsella so cancel the dinner and give it to him privately.

2 Likes

Its not uncommon for club’s that have had shocking seasons to cancel this type of event.

Examples being Villa in 2016, Newcastle in 2015, Stoke in 2018.

The irony is last time we actually won something, only our second ever title, we didn’t share it properly and publically in the time honoured fashion.

Any excuse to make a few quid, shocking that this is going ahead!!

Embarrassing

1 Like

I can’t see that being right. We still need 6 points to match last season’s shitshow. We may do it but we haven’t sold a good goalscorer halfway through the season this time.

I guess it doesn’t really matter, we are still rubbish again. I don’t know much about what other clubs do about these kinds of events but how many clubs manage to be so bad season after season no matter what level they find themselves at.

Did we have one last season? I thought we were still under Covid restrictions? All a bit of a blur to be honest so I may be wrong. I guess as long as people will pay £45 a head they will keep having them regardless.

2 Likes

I’ve paid less for head but that was a completely different life to the one I have now.

Just booked a table of 6, the lady said demand has been ‘high’ for the event.

3 Likes

Did she mean PEOPLE booking had been high? :laughing: :wink:

6 Likes

Remember to keep your diary free, don’t want your duchess to organise other house jobs for you like wiping down the external and internal framework of the orangery, then she will expect the double glazed units to be polished to perfection, then there will be the mile of block paving drive leading to the Manor House that will require jet washing and sanding, not to mention rubbing down the wrought iron metal automated entrance gates that are adorned with the family crest that will need a fresh coat of high quality gloss paint not forgetting to touch up the golden finials , just shows how one’s wealth can have an adverse effect on one’s social activities, tootle pip.

2 Likes

Don’t worry I’m packing her off for a spa weekend. :rofl:

1 Like