Exclusive: Chairman Leigh Pomlett provides a club update following closure of the transfer window

I find his ‘nonsense’ comments totally disrespectful.

I didn’t find those words well chosen or well advised, but if you are in possession of the financial state of a club with no commercial or football matchday revenue then please enlighten us oh wise one.

If he’s looking for praise and an easy ride from the social media platforms.

He wasn’t.

3 Likes

You might want to try and rephrase your post Belg.

The quoted sections don’t show as quotes so they look like part of your post.

2 Likes

Nobody in their right mind does anything for “praise and an easy ride from social media platforms” cost it ain’t ever gonna happen!

Every single permanent transfer in the EFL yesterday was either free or undisclosed…they could be undisclosed for all sorts of reasons…the buying club may even insist on it.

We would all appreciate a bit more openness but if anyone really, honestly, expected Pomlett (or indeed any other chairman at any club) to come out and say the exact amount, instalments, sell on clauses of a transfer etc, that some on here seem to have been expecting, then that is extremely naive.

2 Likes

You have to be a wind up merchant I’d like to know how you can say that signing a player from the team who are top of the league above for whon he has made several appearences this season is a scrap signing ?

2 Likes

I’m very happy he chose to respond quickly - that is a million miles away from Bonser.

Great. It still doesn’t answer why other teams above us in the league pyramid are able to invest and attract better players than us.

2 Likes

So, hours on from last night.

He’s a convincing speaker, As pointed out, the big brush magnet wouldn’t have bothered addressing the masses. I’m puzzled at the lack of transparency on rent payment given that many commercial landlords are having to take cuts. Bonser has either provided assistance (Suffolk life are a management company who follow instructions basically) or has refused to do so. In either case, Pomlett would be more impressive with some disclosure and probably get a hell of a lot more understanding by doing so.
I didn’t initially get a st under Pomlett, but having done so for lockdown I’m still inclined, just about, to do so next year. However, I want more than bland assurances in the future on how we are going to develop a positive future for the club and to rid ourselves of the malign influence of Bonser.

1 Like

Almost like you only post when there a chance to be negative.

How is your mate Jeff by the way?

1 Like

True, but CBA :grinning:

Plus i wouldn’t know how to do it anyway :wink::joy:

1 Like

Apologies for calling you a div on the other thread, completely wrong from me, you’re horse’s arse. :racehorse:

Wouldn’t be quite so harsh but would be happier if he or she just concentrated on trying to catch the Three Billy Goats Gruff.

2 Likes

I think unfortunately, despite the “improved communication”, (such as its an improvement on zero), the long-standing siege mentality displayed by powers that be at Bescot hasn’t really gone anywhere. And that’s hardly surprising seeing as we still have Stef, Dan, and Leigh at the helm, and they’ve managed to employ a manager who’s even more of that ilk, and a fans liason officer that was even more so on his last public outpouring.

Personally I think the real acid test of this regime was the knocking back of fans representation in the board room. Before anyone says it, I know our fans groups often have trouble agreeing on what day it is, but the dismissal of that out of hand was a clear demonstration of the line of travel when it comes to getting in amongst the actual nitty-gritty of the running of the club. Pomlett’s reasoning at the time didn’t wash with me, so with that avenue closed off any progress has to continue to be made with the Bonser model tweaked around the edges…or with something completely different in the shape of entirely new owners - and there’s no doubt we’ve got the former.

3 Likes

Not me, i would be holding the pitchfork :grin:

1 Like

Expected response from Mr Pomlett, nothing new here, no surprises regarding selling of players, financial difficulties, survival etc the perfect script delivered in smooth calming manner, he’d make a great politician. As some have alluded to earlier no mention of rent freeze or any indication of support from our No 1 fan, seemed more like a well rehearsed dry run for a pleading sale of early birds.

2 Likes

And it will work on the die hard, but the more sceptical middle of the road fans will be a bit more cautious :wink:

1 Like

Your right Chunk, next season could be a huge struggle.

1 Like

What is there to be gained from revealing how much or how little Bonsor has helped out re the rent payments?

1 Like

You’re clearly deluded if you think that moving to Hednesford, re-starting as a phoenix club and buying and building our own ground is a practical suggestion. Luckily the club is owned by a practical, level headed businessman and not a walloper like you!

8 Likes

Totally agree. The “romantic notion” of basically starting all over again is as over simplistic as it comes.

Can’t believe some of the rubbish being posted in response to this. League 2 Clubs sell their better players folks, particularly important during a financially crippling worldwide pandemic!

Don’t mean to be rude but what planet are people on?

7 Likes

If you think Hednesford Town would be interested in being trodden on by Walsall, you’d be wrong. I know the chairman well… he’d think you were completely ridiculous and patronising.

Walsall will survive, and I’m glad LP is leading this rocky road. Honest and passionate. And full of common sense, much of which our fans are simply void of.

6 Likes

Not all of them mate some I know aren’t and they are fans of 50 year’s home and away season ticket holders etc one told me today he’s not renewing his 4 he’s been a,season ticket holder for at least 30 years as well people can say what they want but there are a lot who are fed up of it

2 Likes