Exeter City (H) 17th October, 3pm

What I’ve wanted for a few weeks…Osadebe starting. Lavs on the bench as much to make sure there’s still credible striking option to bring on last 30 (newbies not involved yet).

Sinclair also in today for Guthrie.

Sinclair for Guthrie, not a fan of this.

2 Likes

Me neither, sideways backwards.

2 Likes

No Guthrie or Bates equals no controlled possession in midfield.

A funny selection if they’re all fit.

1 Like

Perhaps DC has purposely gone for comedy effect?

Looks like a midfield picked to stop the opposition rather than for creativity.

Well, at least the option to bring Guthrie on and switch it around if needed.

1 Like

Full line-up against Exeter City:-

Roberts

Norman
Scarr
Clarke
Nurse

Osadebe
Sinclair
Kinsella

McDonald
Holden
Adebeyo

Substitutes:- Rose, Jules, Lavery, Bates, Guthrie, Nolan, White

Nicky Ajose on Exeter’s bench…

1 Like

They both played on Tuesday and we have Sat/Tue games for next few weeks so probably doing a bit of rotation to make sure everyone has match time under their belts and we’re not relying on one or two players that we miss too much if they are not available.

That said, a settled team with the odd tweak rather than wholesale changes EVERY game would be better …

2 Likes

That’s one of the best things about this season compared with the last few, we have a strong bench every week.

1 Like

Clarke !!! ???

They played 90 minutes between them on Tuesday so shouldn’t be knackered.

The trouble with the midfield as selected is that there is little quality supply to Holden, McDonald and Osedebe from the middle of the park. It is down the sides or bust. Our delivery from set-pieces will also be poorer for no Guthrie.

Let’s see but I expect 40:60 possession stats and a Hail Mary to either Bates or Guthrie before an hour.

2 Likes

So will it be Osadebe or Holden mainly on the right hand side to replace Flash in the usual 4-2-3-1 formation? Or will DC go with something totally different (again)?

1 Like

Anyone else noticed that in the warm up so far, most of the “shots” at an empty net have ended up in the Homeserve Lower?

2 Likes

I agree, I think we either need Guthrie or Bates in the midfield if possible, Rotatiing those shouldn’t be too difficult. I think we saw enough last season to see that a Kinsella / Sinclair pairing doesn’t work well. I guess we have to be careful with Guthrie but playing him the first hour today should have been fine. If not I bet Bates is chomping at the bit to get a start.

2 Likes

You are getting your £10 worth today Andy :grin:

1 Like

Very strange team selection .Not enough creativity for me …looks like we are going for a 0-0!!!

ST holder choosing Option 1 so don’t have to.pay. :wink:

But I always try and check it as early as possible just in case there are any issues that need sorting before kick off (as if there would be ever be any issues with iFollow :crazy_face:).

1 Like

iFollow working and all ready to watch us (hopefulluy) keep the unbeaten run going. Glad to see Osadebe start, he’s impressed me from what we’ve seen so far.

WE can all see that Clarke is the weak link and Guthrie is the focal point to our team…yet still he proceeds ad-hoc with strange formations that looks as if we are set up to sit back and defend.
Though good to see Osadebe given a chance to shine.