Express and star article on club failings

Harsh. Masi has always had the balls to do it, always has the club at heart but he just hasn’t been able to.

5 Likes

A good article in my view which apportions the blame properly. Clearly we don’t have the largest budget for players but that means it has to be spent properly and clearly Whitney and Keates failed in doing that. The last programme listed 34 professionals including loanees. Ridiculous for a Club of our size and that is part of the problem…quantity not quality.
Anyway it is time to look ahead. I would suggest the following to the Board for starters:
Appoint an experienced Manager with a remit to look at the whole of the playing side of the Club.
Look to have a first team squad of around 18 players who can be supported by a couple of loanees and the odd youth teamer.
Use the fact that 19 players are out of contract to raise the maximum wage to be paid.
Use all transfer income to boost the playing budget
Re enter the reserve league.

There is much ,much more to be done on other matters which we have debated many times but success on the pitch must be the first objective.

2 Likes

I’ve been critical of Masi, and the E&S in general, but it’s pretty clear to see that he actually genuinely cares about this club and was hurt by our relegation.

The article hits the nail on the head without blatantly calling Bonser out for the leech that he is, which is fully understandable given Jeff’s hatred of freedom of speech. If the club even try to ban him from the ground on the back of this article, it will backfire massively and just end up widening the divide between the supporters and the club.

8 Likes

Must be difficult for Joe tbf… You can’t run with the Fox and hunt with the Hounds.

3 Likes

I genuinely cannot understand why anyone would think the club would be offended by that article.
It is balanced and non-confrontational and leaves the real issues untouched.
Much of the article focusses on people that are either no longer at the club, or won’t be for much longer.

2 Likes

I’d say that too. It’s clearly challenging the “well-run club” fantasy, but puts it down to the incompetence and indifference of individuals, rather than as the inevitable outcome of a one-man kleptocracy.

2 Likes

Although i think Joe addresses some major issues in that article, i still think that bonzo gets off lightly, but because he has been quite masterful in his taking over of the club, you would have to literally accuse him of grand larceny before something was done,and i would suspect that he has probably done just enough so that he would still wriggle off the hook, costing hundreds of thousands to his accuser, or the very least his livelihood.

A good article, Joe Masi.

Yep, he gets it. The board, as usual, totally clueless.

Harsh? My definition of a journalist is this,if there is a story to tell,it’s the journalists duty to get it into print.There are Journalists all round the world who have been jailed or worse for sticking to their journalistic principles,surely with the worst possible outcome for Joseph Masi being banned from Bescot stadium,why wouldn’t he say it as it is,and well before now too.

Because his job literally relies on it🤦‍♂️

3 Likes

No loss to journalism then,a journalist who’s scared to say what he really thinks is better of on a free weekly local newspaper,as the gardening reporter or something.,

2 Likes

You’re talking ■■■■■■■■.

Keates gets off far to lightly in that article. Zero direction with regards formation and transfers, worse than Merson IMO. It is Keates fault we were relegated, there can be no question.

1 Like

No it’s not just his fault.

Oh,go and start a 6 man protest why don’t you…:joy::joy::joy::joy:

I don’t know you are. But you’re a very sad little man who is stuck in some sort of vortex.

I feel for you.

1 Like

Don’t “feel for me” save it for those failed protests…:grin:

Sad little man.

1 Like

Well you started it with your considered, well thought out, inteligent post of “You’re talking ■■■■■■■■”