Express & Star

Totally agree. Not really seen much of the online abuse but I can imagine. Disgusting. As has been said before we were spoilt with Joe Edwards (still say he’s best WFC reporter since Paul Marston) and he would have been a hard act for anyone to follow. Paul had a go, but it was new direction for him and he’s also a fan which can’t make the job easier. Wish him all the best for his future. And will never understand mentality of people who resort to abusing genuine people like Paul on social media. Get a life or do better yourself. Rant over :grin:

8 Likes

There’s still people giving him stick even now.
Seem to be annoyed he isn’t leaving quicker.
It’s ridiculous.

1 Like

I thought Joe Masi was excellent aswell. Is he still covering WBA or has he moved on now? Liam Keen was a step down from him and Edwards but not a surprise given his age so guess it will be similar with more focus on social media.

If I’m in the deepest darkest black country (or Lichfield) on a Monday I’ll flick through E&S on way to getting the train and in fairness their round up of the weekend coverage may not be as good as a few years back (when they had fans verdicts etc) but still miles better than what the Birmingham Mail offer.

And as said above not a lot really happens for day to day reporting.

Media bloke for Shrewsbury I think?

1 Like

That’s been the case under other reporters but they added to it by good content, podcasts, Twitter updates, and seemed to generally give a shit about the club.

Couldn’t say that about this fella. Glad somebody else will get an opportunity

Sad sad people.

2 Likes

When’s the Pink coming back?

1 Like

I wonder if The Star will try to get info on the changes involving Boycott?

That will be a first
Showing any interest in WFC

Give me strength :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil: How sad must their lives be to take pleasure in abusing someone they don’t even know.

1 Like

I’m happy to march on Parliament for this worthy cause, obviously if someone else organises it and I don’t have to march very far. The French wouldn’t have put up with losing the Pink, time to take to the Streets to bring back our pink

1 Like

Good to see Paul giving a bit back to people fair play! They wouldn’t be saying this to his face so hopefully he doesn’t let it bother him.

9 Likes

And Trevor Gedge - the best ever in my eyes!

2 Likes

Chanting…

“What do we want”
“The return of The Pink”
“When do we want it”
“After tea-time on a Saturday but not too late or we’ll be in the pub and won’t really want to be bothered with it so about six o’clock or maybe six fifteen would be ideal”

8 Likes

Think the last line needs some work… otherwise I’m happy to go with that

Remember a few ceremonial burnings of the Pink back in the day, when we got back to DH from yet another defeat. Probably a good reflection of the boozers I drank in at the time. 1 particularly lively episode nearly burnt the Trough down. Being an old git I miss football back in the day, it wasn’t pretty but God it was good fun :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Good luck to the lad hope it’s a successful time for him.

Good luck
Hope he dresses up a bit more for the job :wink:

1 Like

Good luck to him. Shame he will have no building to work in as the whole of the Queen’s street site is up for sale.