FA Cup Draw - Round 1

71578798_10217826664850969_2382688302080720896_n
Kings Lynn - the birthplace of this former Fellows Park classy defender.

1 Like

Cameron Norman played for them before us that’s obviously not Cameron just saying :rofl:

1 Like

Serella, Serella, Serellaaaaa, der-der der-der der-der!

2 Likes

Cracking draw. Always partial to a crab sandwich on the North Norfolk coast.

2 Likes

@JumboTrudgeon Dave still keeps in touch with the happenings of WFC on Facebook although like a few of us, he’s more interested in the past! Great bloke to chat to, had an hour on the phone with him last year still lives at St Annes fond memories of his 8 or so years with us at Fellows Park.

3 Likes

That’s a decent draw. With over half of the draw above us in the league it is nice to get somebody beneath us.

Maybe on the telly as they may sniff an upset.

Something fishy going on there.

Hope he donated his ‘tache to the Saddlers’ trophy cabinet. Thing of beauty, that 'tache was.

1 Like

TC another one who’s Tache has long since gone…in fact no hair left on his face / head at all.

2 Likes

One of my favourite little moments watching Walsall involved Dave Serella. I was watching from near the halfway line, Dave went for the ball, took the player, then the ball, and with his momentum he knocked over the flag* on the halfway line as well. Centre backs weren’t known for taking prisoners back then. :grin:

I was disappointed when he left us, and even more so when I’d watched his replacement, Julian Marshall.

*When did they get phased out? Are they still used?

1 Like

Looking forward to this but brings back the scars from Slough

5 Likes

Saw an old “big match revisited” in the week. A very young TC scored a very good goal at St Andrew’s on the last day of the season. Think it was 79/80 season.

1 Like

In fairness BBC normally put a couple of live FA cup 1st round matches on usually on a Friday night and then on a Sunday with the small non-league sides against league especially when they have home advantage. Can see our game having a good chance of being on the box :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Knowing our luck it will be televised but as the Saturday lunchtime game meaning a very early start for our fans to get there.

2 new grounds on consecutive weekends though.

Interesting draw, sort that will end up on tv and pretty sure ITV have some rights now. Anyone know the last time Walsall played a live match on normal channels, I’m guessing 2002 when ITV put some of the local matches on their regional channels?

As someone who on occasions listens to the dreadful Max Rushden/Barry Glendenning show on a Sunday on Talksport, Ian Culverhouse being their manager still amuses me greatly. :rofl:

Can remember Solihull Moors playing Blackpool at home on BBC a few years back and inevitably Salford got a fair bit of coverage when they were still non league.

I think it’s a cert it will end up on one of the two channels.

Yep I think it’s got a good chance of being televised looking at the other options. All of the ‘big clubs’ are at home.

If it is, Saturday lunchtime would be preferable to Friday night or even worse Monday night. I’d say our Saturday following would be at least halved for a night game.

1 Like

I am not too sure it will be televised.There isn’t that much between the teams if you look at the League tables so would it really be an upset if they won? Thats what the TV people want an upset!!!

I’ve just looked at the full draw again and I really believe ours will be televised.

That and the Sudbury Colchester game.

Only other stand out for tv purposes is maybe Stratford if they play Shrewsbury in the end.

1 Like

That would be a journalist’s dream, as dajwmyson observed up above; ‘The taming of the Shrews’!

3 Likes