FA Cup Draw Third Round

Never mind that, it’ll secure Swindon financially and mean they can get promoted out of this god awful league.

2 Likes

6 Likes

What a frocking joke of a club we are. A little more investment , maybe signing a player or 2 after the beginning of dam July, singing a striker to help miller , a proper number 10 who can kick a ball and a left back who isn’t a statue and we’d be playing Man City and all their wages would have been paid in the one game.
We are an absolute joke , I am fuming at this pathetic club and it’s been pathetic for years. I bought my first season ticket on pomletts promises as I work Saturdays on minimum wage yet we’re out of everything again by Christmas including the league , don’t own many of our own players, got non league players on 2 year contracts so we will be watching this crap again next year and can’t even draw against the worst form team in the league .
Why do we still bother clubs an absolute joke

7 Likes

The increase in support is part of it. Some of those glory hunters will come back. I agree the payday should see them promoted, certainly next year if not this.

Like they did when we put on a campaign to attract fans against Rochdale and delivered a 0-0.

2 Likes

Passive ‘glory hunters’ are a key part of growing a fan base. Our existing supporters will start to diminish significantly over the next couple of years if things don’t improve dramatically.

No hope.

3 Likes

I was once a ‘glory hunter’…

1 Like

Guessing a home game against City would have more than paid for a decent league 2 striker :man_facepalming:

1 Like

And the rest.

1 Like

The reason I started supporting Walsall was to evade glory

6 Likes

You certainly achieved that pal! :joy:

2 Likes

Speculate to accumulate springs to mind

5 Likes

Namely, ……….?

Can I get back to you on that one? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Did they after Wembley?

Ultimately, we are customers, the club wants to think themselves lucky that we’ve not asked for a refund over the last 10 years +. You can send a ropey meal back, what about a ropey team?

You want less fans in the stadium, not more?

Not sure I’d want to see Walsall getting absolutely spanked by City to be honest. The thought of that lot going full pelt against us? Messy

4 Likes

A sobering thought St Albans manager tonight is one Ian Allison a member of some team we beat in a league cup match in 1983. Who has fallen furthest?

Small consolation, we won’t suffer the mauling Burton did against City. 9-0 I think.
But we will miss the money.

3 Likes