FA Cup Draw Third Round

Why are we all wondering what might have been? Why don’t we just look forward to… or…erm…fancy missing out on a game against Man City…:frowning:

The week after Wembley, we went to Chesterfield away and we took 250 fans and we were chanting “Loyal supporters” :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

They would have played out of their skins and lost 2-0 with both goals coming in the final 10 minutes when we run of steam after 80 minutes of heroic defending. It would be on the telly and pundits would patronise the bejesus out of us. Plucky old Walsall.

Then the next match we would be shite and get tonked 4 -1 by the likes of Mansfield.

2 Likes

But we’d be considerably better off…

3 Likes

Thats made me mad.

Miss as in goes missing again like other windfalls.

I’ve never gone along with that. It sounds more than a bit possessive. The more the merrier I say. More dosh for the club, lapsed fans back )home and new fans attracted.

Bournemouth (the club we were told we were lucky not to be fans of) have done nicely. Their glory hunters have created a great atmosphere in a nearly full ground week in, week out.

Oh for some glory!

2 Likes

And half n half scarfs

5 Likes

He does not play for them

Remember that, we were absolutely god awful aswell.

Ward Vs Silva… thank god we’re out, just imagine it.

It was said a bit tongue in cheek. Would’ve been a great occasion and a tidy pay day as well.

The once a decade fans do piss me off though.

2 Likes

I wonder if there really are that many “once a decade fans” though. Is it not just a case of being a single occasion when everyone who goes to a few here and there every season, all the exiles and all the season ticket holders are all at the same match?

2 Likes

Club got what deserve nothing. Once in a decade fans thing wouldn’t have been a issue it was a home game we’d have probably given man city 2,500 leaving 8,000 home tickets for home fans we’ve been getting 4,500 anyway so it would only have been 3,500 on top friends and family of the season ticket Holders we already have.

2 Likes

What “star players”?

2 Likes

The only player we actually own anyone might want is probably Wilkinson.

2 Likes

No argument with supporters applying mental gymnastics to put a positive spin on this. I wish I could be more like that in life. What bothers me more is that’s the kind of submission to failure practiced by the club.

Swindon wasn’t a gimme, but this is yet another kick in the face. That’s what I think has elicited such a negative reaction.

2 Likes

I remember feeling like that when we played Wolves at home and the Walsall fans I’d never seen before moaning about us

1 Like

We missed out because we couldn’t beat a team in our own division we just haven’t invested enough in the squad attacking wise for me we look as toothless as we did last season lately and other fans of league 2 clubs we have played have said exactly the same about us.

They piss me off too - but if you only give fans something to cheer about once every 10 years…you reap what you sow.

2 Likes