FA Cup Draw Third Round

Could we have asked for an easier route to the third round? Ffs

2 Likes

Just shows how useless this squad is. Whatever happened to the players we used to get from the youth setup who we could flog for a decent wedge? There is nothing coming through: what’s the point of spending all that money on it when it produces feck all of any value?

1 Like

Indeed. A non league club away then a fourth division side at home.

Too much for us.

When you reduce sport to a conservative hedge against financial failure this is what it becomes.

Swindon Town is a basket case in comparison to us. But only if your sport is balance sheets and P & L. If your sport is football then they look comparatively fantastic.

6 Likes

So what your saying is when do next years season tickets go on sale. :rofl:

Earing?

2 Likes

The good news is that Swindon’s home record is nowhere near as good as their away one, and now there’s a chance their better players will be holding back a bit for fear of getting injured and missing out on playing City, so we have a better chance of getting our own back by taking the more important 3 points the week after next.

2 Likes

What’s worse Swindon was one of the favorites to go down this season apparently they ain’t got a pot to piss in and we are supposedly a well run club

2 Likes

Na. When we went to Wembley id say 30% of our crowd was Villa fans who come from Walsall. They bump it up for big games.

Ive got a couple of business’s so i care about their balance sheets. I dont give a fig if were 100m in the red as long as we have a great team on the pitch. I go to watch football, not to boubce along like a daddy longlegs.

2 Likes

The current bunch would rather say “we made a profit” to the world.I’d rather we spent money and ended up not doing so look at your Boltons etc they never go out of business we sat here and got told mid pandemic that we are in a good position because other clubs have had loans and apparently around this time they would have to start paying them back and we won’t have to do that well that’s put us in a good position in the league hasn’t it :thinking:. I say sod looking good spend some money and get bailed out like the rest so I can see a good team get promoted it’s like all these people who get disability then you see them running around the block sod the system spend and have fun.

2 Likes

Not one single fan gives a shit if the club makes a profit! 99% of companies in the UK have to invest to grow with the aim of recouping off the back of that success.

I am lost as to what the WFC business model Is, it’s all smoke and mirrors.

What happened to the investment into the infrastructure, what happened to the 50% of transfer fees going back into the playing budget?

Off the back of Adebayo, Jules , Rico and Clarke we should be absolutely flying this season. But no we don’t even sign a striker!!

Time for fans to wake up to this regime!

2 Likes

Problem is and it ain’t going away is that we have people in key positions who are totally out of their depth with regard to evolution, desire, passion, business skills, who by their own admission know nothing about football and are so far disconnected to the fan base it’s embarrassing. We have become a vehicle for the chosen few to ride along on a journey of smugness and self gratitude, we are a car crash waiting to happen because the passengers and driver have been left behind and don’t realise the Highway Code has changed , they still live in a world where they think meandering along at 30mph on the motorway is fast enough.

1 Like

I think the Business skills is a big one, take Mole for instance. What exposure has he had in his career? Probably very very little.

Usually you have to earn the right to hold such jobs!

1 Like

Albion fans are organising a sack the board demonstration before their game on Saturday.
They sit third in the championship. Comfortably in the play offs and within touching distance of the top 2.
It feels like our down trodden fan base have almost been beaten into submission by the people running our club and just accept it as the way it is.

Will there be a tipping point or will it just always be this way until eventually there are so few fans it just won’t matter?

We could all get together and paint a banner saying Gamble and Mole out and drop it from the top of the main stand and they wouldn’t bat an eye lid,you’d just get a YouTube video from Pombear saying how much they’ve invested to save us during the pandemic and we should be grateful we are still here blah blah blah.:fu:t2::fu:t2::fu:t2::fu:t2::fu:t2: That’s my response to that!

I have some time and sympathy for LP doing what he did when he did it. There are not many on this board that would have taken that risk even if we had the cash and assets.
I think he won a lot of hearts and minds at the time in the fan base and many of us saw the potential to rid ourselves of the past and Bonser.
However, as many of us have repeated over time, the lack of appropriate business skills in the management team he inherited was pretty apparent to most and I would have thought that LP would have known that fact.
Not clearing them out as we currently speak seems to me his biggest mistake as Chairman.
Let’s be honest, Gamble is no CEO of anything and LP basically does that job for him. He probably is a decent Accountant full stop.
Mole? Amazing that he is still there given operational match day disasters he has overseen.
Changing them of course doesn’t change the current team scenario we are watching but change would have sent a message to many of us and bringing in some talent would have expressed a desire to improve off the pitch and for the future.
We are not privy to the negotiations and discussions that may have happened with Bonser reference ownership of the Ground. There may be huge legal issues? But my long financial background says to me if ever there was a time (almost zero interest rates) to sort a funded long term Loan to buy out our biggest Fan that time was the last few years.

2 Likes

Indeed, but you would still need a willing seller. The one question that seems to have not been asked, (or we have not been told that it has been asked recently) …is the landlord actually willing to sell?

Would be interested if whoever has the opportunity to ask that question, could ask it …at a WPM?

If we knew the answer to that, someone somewhere could be working on a plan one way or the other.

I should have added that clearing out the dross on the Club Board of Directors should also have happened by now in my opinion. If it were my money going in certain so called Directors who have never introduced their own funds (starting with Bonser’s yes man) would have gone to prove change was real.

That’s easy: we exist solely to service one man’s pension fund. Until that changes then expect:

1. Season after season of struggle in the 4th Division or lower.

2. An unbalanced squad of cast-offs and young kids.

3. Boring football with nothing to get excited about.

4. A shite match day experience in a crumbling stadium.

But hey: we’ll pay the rent on time and make a small profit every season. Lovely jubbly!!

But do we?

Pomlett has not once mentioned the rent being an issue?