FA Cup Prediction League 2023-24 - Entry & Round Updates Thread!

@chunkster 18

1. Winging-it
  1. ProfessorPeach

21 Saddla

Very good point and as such, is why I am trying to be flexible with it and maybe tweak things once we know how many people are involved. It could be we all stay in for a few rounds and just do a redraw each round so you predict against other people, score points and then the top 16, say, go into a straight knockout when we get to the last 16 of the FA Cup.
I’m happy for it to be fluid and adapt as we need to!

2 Likes

You’re actually 21!

1 Like

Oh yeah! you’re right, my bad. sorry I’ve changed it now, thanks

If we could get 32 entrants could combine some of the early rounds to keep people in longer and then maybe merge the semis and final.

If theres an uneven number of entrants I’m guessing maybe some would get byes?

32 - Round 1
32 - Round 2
16 - Round 3
16 - Round 4
8 - Round 5
8 or 4 - QF
4 or 2 - Semi
2 - Final

Or something like a champions league format, draw 8 groups of 3-6 teams depending on entries, top 2 go through to the last 16.

Groups could take the usual format of who gets the most points, with head to head fixtures starting from the last 16. Might need a tiebreaker if points are level in the groups though

22 Exile

No idea what’s going on but f**k it!

If we had 32 entrants - reasonable given the numbers in the usual prediction league, I would give each one 8 entries and keep it as a genuine KO all the way through. The only problem with that is that someone will definitely end up playing themselves in the later rounds, even if that is not allowed in the early rounds.

Or, we could have a qualifying league until we reach the fifth round and then have a KO with the top 16. Or if there are more entrants, the top 32 in round 4.

23 Pingu

24 Catkearns

25 Rob Harvey

Don’t worry, it will all become clear once we have the numbers in!
You have entered, that’s the main thing to worry about for now!

Yep, lots of ideas to mull over. I mentioned doing a similar thing to your last paragraph and it might keep it easy to understand for everyone! We’ll see how many people enter and go from there. Multiples of 8 make it easier!

26 matt S

Have you entered on behalf of our head coach? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

27 Andy P

28 hkpete