FA cup

Solihull completely destroying Roverum tonight…

Moors 3 Rothescum 0
Now 3 - 2………

Now 3 - 4.

I had them in a double with the bag ladies :see_no_evil:

1 Like

3-3 now.

3-4!!!

1 Like

Had £5 on a Rotherham win in the end :grin:

1 Like

Anyone have any ideas if there’s any fa cup games on the beeb this weekend whether it be bbc 1 bbc 2 or the red button I ain’t paying for BT sport I pay enough for Sky sports!

BBC 1, 5.20pm (kick-off 5.30pm) … Arsenal v Newcastle United :soccer: :soccer: :soccer:

That’s Saturday, by the way…

1 Like

Welsh…

surely any thread with the word “cup” in the title should be moved to off topic??

4 Likes

I did look in off topic mucka did the best I could to find a relevant one sorry.

Get urself a firestick scoob :wink:

1 Like

Funny you should say that mate me and my brothers bought my grandad one last year to get him racing tv on because he likes the gee gees and he never uses it so my brothers took it out his tv and I’m having it how’s about that then!

1 Like

I was only kidding, although anything involving watching Newcastle should also probably be off topic, in respect of football generally :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m watching all the footy through the Xbox. All seems free on that Now tv or amazon gubbins. I don’t really understand it, I just put it on and its there, Sky everything.

1 Like

Marine vs Spurs. BBC1 on Sunday.

You’ll get to see the back gardens of Rossett Road as well as a football match. I’m sure there will be a few montages of our beach, the Gormley statues as well as references to some famous Crosby alumni most notably ex Walsall coach Iffy Onuora.

The BBC has already built its studio in the ground which has caused some local excitement. And we’re all on a rota to breath on the pitch to stop it freezing. The floodlights have also been upgraded.

Anyway kick off is 5 o’clock on Sunday. Sandwiched between two other live FA Cup games if you want to make a day of it.

10 Likes

Still time for the government to make a u turn :see_no_evil:

Is it a grass pitch, or 3/4G?

Grass. Lots of covers on it just now.

But there is talk of using cash from the run to go 4G which makes sense.

Nice one mate I’m guessing your a stones throw away then with all the detailed analysis of the situation forgive me as I don’t know much about many on here so others may think that’s a daft question as they know more about you than me.Bet it’s creating a real buzz around the place nothing like a cup game like this one shame the loves died of the competition nowadays compared to years back but nevertheless hope you all enjoy your day in the sun or the cloud and freezing temperatures which ever it is have a great day I’ll be routing for the underdog as always :+1:t2:

Yes - I’m very nearby and in normal circumstances would have been there as I’m a half a dozen games a season type down there.

I think the perspective it gives me is the pure unadulterated joy that football can bring to a community. Especially during these times it is great that this little bit of the world has a bounce in its step which shan’t be diminished by Sunday’s obvious outcome.

That joy has probably led to me being a bit grumpier about Walsall than usual. I’m not usually a mardy arse but am probably coming across that way at the moment because I can’t see when that level of joy will return for us. It is only the odd result here and there which is sustaining us rather than anything that could be defined as an achievement. Unless, as @Exile pointed out on another thread, we see survival and existence as an achievement in itself just now. Which is absolutely fair but nowt like progressing through seven rounds of the FA Cup!!

1 Like

Any interesting players to look out for, either up and coming prospects or guys you’ll see the name and say “he was scoring xxx goals for Morecambe 3 years ago!”

Feels like Jay Spearing is on the road to Marine Pier, at Tranmere currently so 2-3 years off playing for them!

Massive shame they’ll be 0 fans as there’s some cracking cup ties this weekend, Stockport-West Ham is the classic 3rd round tie with them slowly on the up again. Would be 10k at Edgeley Park in normal times.

I remember getting one of those Nick Hancock football own goals videos (ask your Dad…) and Iain Dowie scoring a glorious own goal infront of West Ham fans in that uncovered away end was on it ever year. Was a league cup tie in Dec 1996, Stockport made the semi final that year and narrowly lost to Boro.