Fans asked not to use social media to criticise the club

Agree with your take on this completely. My first reaction after reading it was why? I wasn’t angry just puzzled. Other than the nonsense which went on between the Trust and ISSA which is “old news” I just don’t know what he is talking about.

3 Likes

So those supporters who left their ST money in to keep the club alive with the benefit of a dodgy streaming site only for their cash aren’t entitled to criticise pathetic performances. An unbelievable statement.

4 Likes

Not sure that was the specific thrust of the post at all…

2 Likes

I agree but what on earth is it about?

1 Like

An odd statement really, but obviously something has triggered it.

The amount of drivel spouted on pages like WFHYS though I’m not surprised.

3 Likes

Thing is this type of nonsense is spouted at all clubs around the country.

You only have to go online to read the abuse thrown at the better supported clubs, seems a little touchy to me.

1 Like

Forget the rights and wrongs of it and our ridiculously thin skinned and childish supporter groups, how the ■■■■ have the club even allowed this to go out! Absolutely mind numbing and ■■■■■■■ embarrassing.

2 Likes

The SLO statement is a direct reaction to social media comments regarding the proposed Direct Debit scheme. Not performances on the pitch or the previous row between two supporters’ groups, which hasn’t surfaced for some time now.

The club have released an ambiguous blanket statement that seems to take aim at everyone (including those supporters’ group actively fundraising for them) when they could have dealt with the issue privately or, if in public, with far greater tact.

A disappointing change of tone from the club following a period of bridge building.

12 Likes

I suspected that’s what it was about. There’s been a lot of ill informed stuff aimed at the club because it’s not understood why it’s not simple for them to set up.

Not helped by the a representative of the supporters group in question stirring the pot on social media questioning why the club can’t set it up and calling them unhelpful and accusing them of creating bad feeling.

1 Like

It did mention supporters group feuds in the statement. I mean, personally, I’m all for giving them as little air time as possible but that is why I mentioned them.

Just pure stupidity from the club, no other word, and can totally see why fans, normal fans, are taking exception.

4 Likes

On all of the posts put up regarding the Direct Debit scheme I added posts saying that the posts hadn’t been put up as a reason to attack the club, rather just to explain why the scheme wasn’t going ahead and to point fans in the direction of Robs Fundraiser. I also said while disappointed we had to accept the decision.

I also didn’t understand why it had to be brought up about previous disagreements between supporters groups as these are in the past as far as we are concerned. If harmony among groups was the intention of the statement it seems odd to dig up old ground. The fact we put a post up supporting Robs fundraiser surely shows supporters groups can and are working together.

3 Likes

Blazing, your post is exactly what was needed. Explained the situation, then directed people to the solution of using the crowdfunder.

The problem was the next day others started criticising the club, rather than just leaving it at that.

I don’t agree with the SLO statement though as it was so vague pretty much everyone thought it was aimed at them and now it’s got everyone’s backs up.

And will continue to do so when warranted

, even more so when people who had taken time off from work. At a financial cost to themselves to attend numerous meetings with me at club,
At which we where told. Yes go ahead. And. We will furnish you the account details to be used, only to change The decision. After as said. A decision had been reached and agreed. By those present, including senior personnel from club.

It’s only yourself dragging other issues up. To suit your narrative, Not that it matters. Anyhow because as soon as club made. There announcement. Issa informed its members to back scheme being run by. Wsfc

So no sitting of pot Just a true statement of facts, I’d also point out Issa received an apology from the SLO last night. Saying his post was not aimed. At any. Supporter group. And was. Praising the efforts of both. Issa and Wsfc. ( but. I guess this will not. Be to your liking ). But was aimed at. Supporters who where making. I’ll informed comments. A bit like yours

Again I state. Club certainly know how to shoot them selves in foot. By letting this statement go out on there official platform Which. Leads to the ill feeling. I speak of, But the apology received last night now draws the matter to an end, And Issa and Wsfc can continue in there quest to aid the club

Voice of the fans there.

1 Like

No mate. Just my own opinion as a fan.

And representative of the group being accused of “stirring the pot”. Don’t forget that bit :wink:

Unless headed independent saddlers supporters association

Any comment. Put on here under dh forever are my own views. Or is that not allowed

Fair enough, best not to run into any legal trouble or anything like that, aye?

Still, I’ll still be amalgamating them as one and the same opinion if it’s all the same :+1:

Agree mate that legal stuff can be very expensive, Is there any particular reason you raise it

You know full well.