Fans asked not to use social media to criticise the club

Enlighten me

PM, its extremely off topic, and probably in your interests that anyone reading this isn’t reminded of the hissy fit you threw when somebody made a joke.

I think it is clear that the statement put up on the official site was what stirred the pot. I wrote the statement about the Direct Debit Scheme, and also stepped in to try and calm things down when it got taken all out of context as far as I was concerned. Yes it was disappointing that it didn’t work out after the work that had been put in, and what was said in previous meetings, but the post was only put up to explain why the scheme wasn’t going ahead and to point fans in the direction of Robs Fundraiser.

There were no lies told and as far as I am concerned it was not put up as a reason for fans to attack the club, which I added once I saw what was being said. We can’t control what other fans say though.

You seem intent on doing so. But. Says much more about yourself than me mate
Here we are trying to do everything we can to help and aid. club, Whilst you want to cause issues.

Enjoy your day mate as I have not got the time for your nonsense. Today. Sorry if thst disappoints you

It wasn’t me who accused you of stirring the pot, I picked up on one of your representatives responding to a fan he claims to speak on behalf of. Hence the inverted commas.

In fact, I’ve singularly said that the supporters groups are irrelevant to how stupid the statement is from the club.

I believe the only thing I accused supporters groups of being was thin skinned and a bit childish (which in fairness wasn’t an opinion formed on this issue) which …

Woooooah take issue with that. I’ve brought my shirt, paid for every game (twice) and continue to support the club how I see fit. Who the ■■■■ are you to say that? Looks like my analysis of you as a voice of the fans and representative of a supporters group is pretty ■■■■■■■ accurate.

1 Like

Think you might be missing a rather important post put up on both Facebook and UTS that came in between your statement and the SLOs statement. :thinking:

Important because it’s what caused lots of supporters to start criticising the club based on the ill informed opinions given.

The club explained why it wasn’t viable, then the crowdfunder was a solution and that should have been the end of it. No need for all the “club being unhelpful, shooting themselves in the foot” nonsense that followed. And despite the crap it’s caused it’s still being repeated now.

Issues as in your compulsive need to argue with people

No where is your commitment as a fan questioned. I applaud your continued support of our club. Via your financial commitment pity there are not many more who. Show the same commitment you myself and a few thousand others do ,

:joy: well when a representative of one of our warring supporters groups, whose even turned his ire on this very board previously, thinks I’m argumentative I’ll wear it as a badge of honour.

And, by the way, you can’t wriggle out of your ■■■■■■■■ comment by lumping us in together as great loyal fans. You singularly made out you make all the difference in the world while I do nothing and by extension questioned my commitment as a fan. ■■■■ you :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Every need when they had agreed and like I said. Fans. Gave there time up and lost. Pay by having time of work to attend said meetings. With me ( non applicable to me as I’m retired ) But as said not fair on others

It’s not that club didn’t want to do it. That’s. Not an issue whatsoever, and upon us getting this decision we asked those who had committed to-it to then back the one being run by Wsfc

It’s the fact club backtracked on original agreement, We praise club when praise is due. So it’s also. Right to criticise when warranted. And on this occasion it was.

Again no wish to play your game, You know no accusation was made. In that way. Whatsoever
But if you wish to think that way. That’s. Your prerogative

Cheers. I’ll continue. Thinking. As such.

1 Like

I’m happy in you doing so. mate, I’ll sleep easier tonight knowing your happy.

1 Like

Create a separate ISSA account for posting ISSA stuff that several of your committee have access to.

Also whoever is writing the announcements, try a spelling and grammar check on them first.
Keep them concise.

Post them on the Latest section of ISSA website. Then you only have to provide links to FB, UTS, Twitter and other social media.

One of the things the Trust were criticised for over many years was their poor use of the latest technology and having a website and social media accounts. Get that right and you’ll reach far more people.

5 Likes

Too lazy. They’ll just use this board.

They basically had their own section set up. An honour I believe that has only been extended to one troll in the past…

As a point of clarification, what was the original agreement as in the initial statement put out by ISSA (and posted on this site on the 25th September after previously being hinted at as a “watch this space”) it explicitly says that you (ISSA) would be meeting with the club to “sort out the mechanics of a direct debit scheme Issa will be implementing”? To me that reads as ISSA would be doing it all, not the club - they would just be the beneficiary of something that you would be doing for them in the same way as they are with WSFC’s Just Giving scheme. Was that not the case?

1 Like

The mechanics of the scheme. Was as in gathering all the pledges and sorting leg work out and publicising. The scheme via Issa. , but the intention was always to use the infrastructure in place at. the club Andy

This was not something that. Had not been spoke of many times before, With club, And. We where led to believe. That club where willing to. Do this. We even left. Last meeting we had with club. In the belief everything was sorted and we where just awaiting being furnished with. Account details from club , So fans could begin donating

The issue is not that club. Ultimately decided against this, as. It is down to them. And we respect there decision, It was the way. It was. Just dropped. At last min.

Issa never had any intention of handling fans money. And we made that clear from the off to the club, The cash was being donated to club not Issa, That’s why we wanted it to go straight into a dedicated account that was to be furnished by club

Lessons to be learnt. From both sides Andy, But as said this was not. An ideas that had mot been discussed at length with club, In fact Issa. Had discussed a similar. Scenario with them before the covid crisis where. The same principle. Would have been. Used. Ie monies direct to club, But with the. Cash being used. To help Pomlett. Regain the freehold. ,

Yes payments could have come into the Issa. Bank account, And we could have. Then. Given to club on a monthly basis etc, As suggested. By the club. After they changed there minds. But as an organisation we felt uncomfortable in handling what could have been large amounts of fans cash. And think it was unfair of club. Wanting us to do so,

Not all ideas come to fruition. And sadly this was one of them. But it wasn’t for want of trying. On. The part of Issa or the fans who wanted to take part

The statement issued by. Issa secretary was. A true. Reflection of what happened, ,

1 Like

Perfectly put.

1 Like

Point accepted mate.

It is me who does a lot of the post,s. but only after. I have gained. Approval from my fellow committee members. , Again I accept my. Grammar and spelling. Is not on a par with many on here , but I’d like to think the content is correct and honest. , it’s this honesty. Which I feel. Gets me disliked by a few on here but I can live with that,

It’s when it’s aimed at the organisation as an whole I take offence. As. The others involved. Don’t deserve. To be targeted. , by a few. And it is only a few. Who try to score points with me on here

We are a committee of volunteers made up of life long fans of wfc, Much the same as other supporter groups. Are. With the majority of them holding down full time jobs. And providing child care etc,
I’m lucky in that respect. As I’m retired and have more free time than the others so hence I put a lot more out there.

Even tho I’m seen as the face of the group. I can assure everyone. It’s always by a vote tbefore. anything goes out , and each comitee member is. Fully. Informed,

Unless it’s headed. Issa. Anything you see on here under dhforever. Is my own view, And I’ll continue to do this despite what others think.

All this nonsense of. Voice of the fans is. Idiotic, I’m no voice of the fans, I head up a fans group yes, I put what they ask me to. To the club yes. I try to do things within my Issa role to benefit fans yes. I communicate back to the fans what we are. Told by club. Yes. But voice of the fans. No. Nor would I want to be , I set up Issa to help the fan base of Walsall fc. As and where we could, to help our community. As a whole. Whilst also trying to raise financial help to aid our club,

Our active membership. And record of financial. Help towards those fore mentioned, With the help of my fellow comitee members and s large percentage of the wfc fan base proves we have done just that.

This post is in no way trying to be disrespectful. I doubt you will find any post of mine. Ever doing such a thing to any fellow fan But to those who know me. I’m sure to a man they will agree I’m not the person I’m. Perceived to be. By some on here who have never met me.

As I say I take on board your points. And believe it or not agree with you. Yes. I could . Be a bit more , articulate But again. I’m prob a bit yo old to change. now mate. But to be a accused. of being lazy. As one poster has. Is nothing but absurd. Unless it was lazy ness that afforded me the opportunity of retiring. Aged 47. Ten years back , but. Again. Haters will always hate I guess. Mate. , and I’ll ttake. that all day because whilst they are directing there nonsense to me. They are leaving someone else alone lol

7 Likes

I don’t think it’s that at all. It’s your thin skinned lack acceptance of any sort of criticism or view that doesn’t chime with your own. Which leads me too:

You’ve claimed to give the fans a voice plenty of times but I digress; so you head up a fan group, you speak to the club on their behalf, you relay that to the fans, but you’re not a voice of the fans? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: really? That sounds exactly what you’re pro-porting to be to me. Which fans do you put across the opinion of? People from within your organisation? If you’re not the “voice of the fans” then are you just the voice of your own interests (as a group, wouldn’t want you to whinge about your own views again).

You’ve literally done it in this thread to both me and the guy you’re responding too.

You can write all this off as “haters gonna hate” or point scoring, or whatever other ■■■■■■■■ you want but at some point you have to ask yourself which fans you are actually representing. All of them or just the ones you choose.

You weren’t representing the fans when you threatened this board. You weren’t representing the fans with your out of date poppy. You weren’t representing the fans in most of your dealings with the trust. Like it or not that was always self interest, and you can’t just separate the two.

You’re not the first person to write off my sound and reasoned opinion as trolling because you don’t like it and you won’t be the last. It’s boring, played out and quite frankly ignorant. Which isn’t exactly surprising.

You can either take this into account or not it’s up to you. But you’ll never be the voice, representative, speak on behalf or however you want to put it until you actually open your mind and don’t just pat each other on the back for what brilliant hard working volunteers you are and anybody who disagrees is just a troll.

1 Like