Fans Forum - Monday 8th November

1 Like

Is that before or after we are out of the FA cup? :wink:

3 Likes

Not sure what the SLO is there for. Surely supporters can liase for themselves at a FANS forum.

That said, what’s the point of any of it, it’s all bullshit :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Only the Chairman and DOF need to be at this one. Crowding the panel, clouding the issue(s).

7 Likes

I quite rate that Taylor is turning up to be fair.

Yeah, he could have hidden behind needing to focus on the games coming up. Fair play.

1 Like

I think that is the right panel considering all points people want to make to the Club if this site is anything to go by.

1 Like

Yeah to be fair, it will be interesting to hear what the rigorous selection process for SLO, voice of the voiceless, man of the people, leader of the 4,500 was.

1 Like

Are we going to find out everything at 7:15pm on this Monday night?

3 Likes

I mean to be fair I’ve only got two questions I can’t imagine there will be that much people need to know. What exactly does a fan representative unelected by the fans on the board actually do, and why on earth did we start the season with a threadbare squad after one injury torpedoed our whole season last year.

I don’t need Pomlett to mansplain why we’re shit again and how it’s all about building for next year “cos other clubs will go out of business you know!”

Edit: oh and how did it take 7 months to notice Rory Holden might need an operation. Three.

2 Likes

Would it be a good idea if we actually planned some questions on here in advance so they actually get asked rather than the usual rubbish people waffle on about?
Also the club read the forum so they can actually have a think about their answer wisely

4 Likes

I’m not even saying anything :joy::joy:

1 Like

From the list of attendees it looks like the usually present Mole has gone underground.

1 Like

Surprising

1 Like

All the moaning people do on here surely this is prime opportunity to properly put out the questions that people want answers to people talk about the press not asking the questions we don’t even ask them ourselves . Ask Pomlett about the rent and what’s going on with it ? , Ask him about the Rico , Adeybayo and Jules money ? , Ask him if he’s happy with our league position and if not what’s he going to do about it ? , Is Taylor going to be given another season if we finish bottom half even though we were told we are really going to give it a go this season ? what’s the budget in comparison to other clubs ? (competitive is not the right answer) .
I guarantee people will waste the time asking things like why can’t we have rail seating or some shit like that or can we have locally brewed beer in the bars please.

2 Likes

I have done, numerous times. Nothing changed.

They’re literally pointless. Lip service and a pint. I’ll prove it, let me answer all those questions for you right now:

Pomlett: look I understand people are concerned about the rent, but we’re just not in a position to change that at the moment. It is being worked towards but I would stress, we pay a lot less in rent than a lot of others clubs at this level. It’s a priority but it isn’t THE priority.

Gamble: The money generated last season was to help see us through COVID. The decisions were taken last January because the projections were not good. As for the Rico money, we were happy but it wasn’t “life changing” and actually we received that money in instalments, so you won’t necessarily see the benefit of it right away

Taylor: (sits back, legs crossed, slight pout) thanks for the question. Obviously we’re not happy about it. I do believe in this squad, it’s a great set of lads. Let me assure you, we are working hard on that training pitch every day to improve the situation, you can have no worries about that. We have the players here to turn this around but it is going to take time.

Pomlett: Matt has my full confidence. I’m not going to sit here and pretend that it’s never going to come to a decision needing to be made, however 5 months ago I tasked Jamie with finding me the best young coaches in the country. I believe he has done that. Matt comes with a high reputation in coaching and we are delighted to have him here. I’m not happy to be a manager of a League Two club but I believe we are on the right track to rectify that, it just may take a little time.

Gamble: Competitive. We’ve got a top ten budget in this division.

:yawning_face:

11 Likes

We know now who writes the scripts for these meetings!!! I always had my suspicions that Dan wasn’t the only mole around the place… :wink:

2 Likes

I’ll be there and asking questions.

2 Likes

It’s gonna be fun comparing your script to the ad lib… :joy:

2 Likes

Brace yourself, but I largely agree with you for once. The meetings are largely pointless, a PR exercise.
Also asking that list of questions is pointless, because as you’ve said we already know/have been given the answers.
Rent: it’s always going to be there, unless someone buys the ground and club and puts them back together. £12-20 million anyone?
Transfer money: “Where’s the money gone?” is one of the oldest gripes in football. As an accounts bod you’ll know that people just don’t realise the for costs for business.
League position: :roll_eyes: like he doesn’t want to win the league.
Manager: Yea, he’s really going to say the guy sat next to him is on borrowed time.
Budget: They’re always going to talk it up.

4 Likes