Fans forum

Not sure how long you’ve beeen on this site, but the doom mongers have been predicting it for some time.

I do get your point comparing players, it is there to see. But that was a snapshot in time, due mainly to Dean Smith being here. Bonser didn’t sack him because he knew he had a gem and could see past the end of his nose.

Looking through the long term lens, we haven’t really fallen very far.

4 Likes

Was meant to happen before end of season . Probably best it happens after duttons future decided so we can quiz him on his new 2 year deal x

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been wondering what’s happened to this too…

Does anyone who goes to the WPMs know ?

April/May was mentioned but don’t remember anything being confirmed.

Can we ask for questions to be sent or what? Or have they already been sent and in storage and being “edited” to suit the club?

General question for me what will be the stance on loan deals next season as surely the club realise they made a massive balls up with the ones they signed this season particularly upfront given 3 of them have hardly played and two were sent back early.

I think they will wait for duttons future to be sorted first which makes sense . Have one in the summer when the club have an idea of what they are doing

2 Likes

Nine by my reckoning - 79-80 is one, 90-95 is five, 06-07 is one, and the last two. Next season will make ten.

I’d say brink of Championship Football & a trip to Wembley To lowest ever league position within a matter of seasons is a fair distance

Depends on your starting point. You could argue any scenario. You are choosing a snapshot that represents our best season in the last 16 or 17 and when compared to the others is an anomaly.

1 Like

So we’ve always been ■■■■ but being on the brink of championship football and the Wembley trip were an unusual peak in Walsall history that we were lucky to witness as we have now gone back to the levels the clubs mostly been at on average since the very early years?

1 Like

Average over last 30 years has generally been middle of the road third division.

1 Like

I think I am just going to let LP do what he sees fit TBH

DoF is a step in the right direction, assuming the right man for the job, LP has a million things to change within the club and think we should all leave him to come to us and let him get on with it, I say

We are customers, don’t forget, as well as supporters, he may be too late with some people but others are there to win over

I will be making my decision on what I am doing in the 21/22 season with my Saturdays and Mid Weeks in November to February freezing my gonads off, when I can see genuine radical progress, and not before

Let’s what he comes up with to entice us UTS

1 Like

Just catching up with this. To answer a couple of points / questions:

• At one of the WPM’s it was mentioned the forum would take place after the season end

• Questions will be able to be submitted (club to release details of how) and they will not filter so called ‘difficult’ questions out. DM said they will answer all questions as much as they can and they will always answer, even if fans won’t like the answer.

3 Likes

Cheers Rob! :+1:

I will keep watch of this and submit as/when as genuinely intrigued what metrics or process club came up with to sign Reid and Osei Yaw late on in January window so interested what the actually answer will be…

I’ll answer the Osei Yaw one for you “we lost our best striker we couldn’t afford to replace him because the 300K was needed to stay afloat,so we rang around clubs for hours begging for a striker, we were not having much luck so we got so desperate after so many rejections or unavailabilities we took the first yes from a club which was Oxford United”

3 Likes

Really hope the £300k wasn’t just to stay afloat…if it was we will struggle to pay enough players for a 5 a side league next season.
No thought or planning went into the replacement though.

1 Like

More likely so that the club didn’t have to take on loans to get through the year.

That would make more sense.

Clarke had already been tapped by Port Vale when we signed the Oxford lad. He had little interest or motivation in recruitment at that point.

2 Likes

Same thing isn’t it?