Fans forum

Not at all. Most businesses borrow money in order to grow.

2 Likes

I meant isn’t using the 300K from the sale of adebayo instead of having a loan to get through the season are both keeping us afloat thus the same thing.

Both the loan and the sale are both keeping us a float how’s the loan being used compared to the sale of adebayo being used any different in terms of keeping us afloat apart from we don’t have to pay any loans back?

Do we know for sure that the money for Adebayo or Jules was paid up front? Wouldn’t be surprised, given the current climate, if there was a lump sum followed by instalments.

God knows mate my minds blown at the fact that when I said above the sale of adebayo was used to keep us a float someone wasn’t happy but when someone said it was probably so we didn’t need loans to get us through the season that was ok!! It’s the same outcome we still use either to stay a float.Anyway in answer to your question your probably right with the instalments in the current climate.

1 Like

In hindsight, we shouldn’t have played silly beggars with Hearts over Adebayo. If LP recognised the need to sell to balance the books we probably could have driven a harder bargain and would have had a week or so to find a replacement rather than it all going down to deadline day.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more as soon as Hearts came sniffing we should have had contingency plans in place instead of running around last minute for a replacement because when you do it like that 9 times out of 10 you get an Osei Yaw.

Instead we tried to play hardball with their manager who took DC to the cleaners with the cross border transfer thing which made us look very silly.

2 Likes

Another element with last minute deals is that we’re less likely to get the best from appearance fees, add-ons agreements etc. Not that I’m questioning our crack team of negotiators…

1 Like

Yes that’s the correct answer but no doubt they’ll come out with some waffle that he’d been watched for months and was DC’s (or Dutton’s) number one striker target regardless so I await the reply with interest as the striker loans have simply been a failure this season and there’s been four of them.

Vincent would also be interesting to find out how he came on the radar instead of just giving Perry some starts earlier as it’s not like squad was short of numbers in midfield even after getting rid of Guthrie.

Club simply can’t afford to waste loans like the last few years if you want to be near top 7.

3 Likes

Fair enough…but what happened to the 100k + for Jules and DC compensation.

Lets say the team were actually in play offs in January. No way would DC have gone and would’ve certainly kept on to Ade so that’s money that would’ve come in.

I assume other money gets put aside for rent given it’s actually been a very rare even in last decade to actually sell key players in January.

1 Like

I’m actually surprised how well he’s doing at Luton, adapted really well at championship level with decent goal return. Another season of that and will be top half championship teams and perhaps even prem teams looking at him so fee of 6-7m shouldn’t be out of the question so he could be the new Troy Deeney once Rico signs his new 10 year contract at Brentford next week. :wink:

Going to SPL and scoring 15-20 wouldn’t be as profitable in long run so it should work out o.k for the club with a bit of luck for a change.

1 Like

Very good question and maybe another to add to your first questions and all ones that I’d like the answers to too.But as usual it will be skirted round,my personal opinion is that after all this super league stuff and owners being sly now is the time for transparency with the fans and no more cloak and dagger.

1 Like

Our next one will be fun Aswell. Club never changes and pomlett and Taylor ain’t gonna like the questions ! Let’s see if they have the balls to do a proper one in the evening when everyone can go and our ‘inspirational’ director of football comes to answer regarding his atrocious bloody recruitment

1 Like

They don’t work unfortunately.

One question from the floor with little or no follow up leads to an unstructured ping pong of random sound bites.

They’d work better as a forum/wpm hybrid. Fans sending questions in to an independent chair who selects questions and then either as chair followed up or passed back to the person who asked the question to follow up. It would provide a structure and depth that doesn’t exist in the current format. Based upon the questions submitted you could say - right - we’ve two hours and we’re going deep in just three or four areas - summer squad building, match day experience and club finances. If time we might have a bit of pot pouri.

Would be far more valuable and insightful than it has been.

5 Likes

SLO says should be arranged soon. If Walsall fans have the guts to say to them in person what we all say on here this could be a very fiesty emotional affair!

It’ll probably be at half 2 on a Monday.

1 Like

At night

2 Likes

Like the Carabao Cup draws from Thailand the other year.

I doubt we will do one tbh. To many questions the club won’t want to answer or publically tell the truth about what they truly feel about players and performances .
Does anyone think Taylor is truly happy with his team and players? It’s all paper talk unless Taylor is blind stupid and paid too much.

Never have, never will. Lip service is given, no action to back it up is taken. Rinse and repeat for years and years.

Something really resonated with me from the recent Merson book post on here. In the extract from his book he said they only acted when they felt there was going to be close to a riot / heavy protest - this was after he was given assurances he was safe the week before. They felt the pressure and acted when they really didn’t want to.

This is the only way to really force change, both in life and at organisations. Unless these suits are really made to feel uncomfortable they will continue to tickle your balls and then do naff all. Unfortunately, we don’t have one unified voice as fans at this club and a lot of those people that are totally fed up have just drifted and will continue to do so.

You can sit at these until the cows come home, total and utter waste of every single fans time that bothers.

2 Likes