Final whistle boo's

We mustn’t adopt a bunker mentality!

Spot on. Tek a bow son. :clap:t2:

2 Likes

Find it difficult to believe that Clarke would have taken the job if the budget provided was unworkable.
I’m beginning to believe that whatever the budget was it’s been wasted on filling the squad with less than average players instead of reducing the squad numbers and bringing in some better quality players , and utilising the younger players coming through to pad out the squad .

1 Like

From what I’ve seen of teams not one of them other than maybe Crawley were decent, Bradford looked crap yesterday but obviously that don’t look good on us as we can’t even beat them. The team has had a massive change around and the fans have backed them all the way but it is getting to the point where patience is waring thin, so having boos isn’t exactly unjust considering we can’t even score. We also have to be realistic and realise that just cus pomlett has bought bonser, doesn’t mean the debts have gone away as we still have to pay him off completely. It has been a massive overhaul of players and things will look good and you can tell the way DC speaks that things will get better. Only negative I can say with him is I wish he wouldn’t change the side so much as surely not having a set XI isn’t helping things at all

1 Like

Sometimes it can be tough to put your finger on specific reason but sometimes losing mentalities stick at clubs even when changing half your squad, look at where Stoke and Huddersfield are in the championship table two years after being in premier league.

Worry here is relegation hasn’t stopped the incredible struggle to win a game. I put lack of goals firmly on DC though as the team still scored at steady rate under Whitney and DK and the striker options were as mediocre as they are now.

And to think that some fans thought relegation would be good for the club last season. I said it would be a disaster for us and it wouldn’t be an easy ride to get back up to league one. Remember when Dean Smith had an awful run of games, we persisted with him, gave him time and we all know how close we were to promotion the following season. Same patience is needed here.

3 Likes

I’m entitled to my opinion like you are yours. I never expected a £10 million investment but what I did expect was possibly a tiny bit of ambition following the takeover. If every bit of cash is going into paying for the freehold. How sustainable is that as a business model. Answer it’s not sustainable. I see no improvements on the pitch following the takeover only things getting worse and worse. If things have improved then please enlighten me

Your opinion is less ‘well-reasoned argument’ and more just shouting ‘Pomlett out’ and making laughably unfounded claims about being friends with a man whose name you can’t even spell… or going to ‘have a word on a consultancy basis’ with the chairman about a budget which you ‘know for a fact’ is lower.

It’s been two months! We’ve been on a gradual downward spiral since the final whistle at Port Vale in 2016. The real rot at the club had set in a hell of a lot further back in time from that, too. How on earth do you expect anything to have really changed in a short amount of time?

You make claims about the budget being slashed (yet present zero evidence to support this) - how do you know the budget isn’t the same and that Clarke has spent money on players who aren’t good enough? It’s perfectly possible to be given a big budget and do poorly, just like you can get promoted off a shoestring (see: Graydon).

I’m not saying things have improved drastically, and I’m really disappointed with our start. But to go back to the original point you made about getting ‘sold down the river’ - that’s utter garbage, absolutely nothing had been miss-sold and anyone who bought a ticket did so knowing full well what the situation was.

10 Likes

Firstly I think you need to see the difference between a serious post and just banter. I don’t know Bonser and Pomlett and I don’t want to ! I also don’t know about the budget and I don’t want to know that either. There are plenty of other posts though referring to

Mid table Conference budget at best
The budget being slashed by 50 pct

Presumably you’ll be messaging all those posters as well ?

Pays yer money you make your view known if you so wish at the end or during a match. Some people will agree with you, some wont be fussed and some others will hugely disagree with you. Always been the same at a match.

Makes a statement (“I knew Bonser personally”, ) on an Internet forum, in text form, and expects everyone else to be able to tell the difference between truth and ‘banter.’ :joy:

Oh mate you are a treat :joy: you’ve literally spent the last couple of weeks repeatedly claiming you know the budget has been slashed for a ‘fact’. Here’s one. And another one.

Gladly, you point me in the direction of anyone who is making that claim and I’ll be more than happy to also ask them for some evidence. :+1:

8 Likes

I’m convinced it was him that told us we was signing Matty Taylor etc he lives in a fantasy world :joy::joy:

1 Like

So… same question boys and girls…Was the boo’s correct or wrong today?

Based on the second half performance, maybe yes.

But I’ll never be one to boo.

Fair play to Jules and McDonald at the end coming right up to the fans to apologise.

I dont like it but i just feel as fans we have no other way of venting anger too let them know it just wasnt good enough!

1 Like

McDonald sub was booed aswell.

Wes faded second half (mainly due to Orient actually deciding to put a second player that side) but let’s be honest him and Jules are the only players who can actually run in this team and 90% of attacks in first hour came down the left where they seem to be developing a really good understanding.

By contrast don’t think Holden touched the ball in first 25 minutes.

1 Like

Problem being players don’t get chance to develop an understanding. As they will not be playing together next game or in the same formation. This frustrates me as how can we achieve continuity and fluidity.

Don’t boo myself but I suppose you pay your money and your time you have your free pass to make your anger heard.

I didn’t boo but will not blame those that did. That second half was horrendous. Many fans will have shelled out a lot of money to go on Saturday, many of them would’ve suffered the complete melt down of the rail system earlier in the day. They deserved more than that second half. Losing a game is one thing but losing in that matter is unacceptable.

Fair play to Jules and McDonald who had the balls to come right over to the fans to show their thanks to the fans even though some of the fans were giving dogs abuse to the players.

4 Likes

Clarke himself has said boo all you want after the game if the performance warrants it just support them in the 90. Think that’s pretty fair.

4 Likes