First signing of the summer

Last summer our first signing was announced on 25th May with the astute addition of Liam Gordon, think with the time taken over the recruitment of the right head coach it could be a bit later this season, possibly June before we see any incomings.

I expect them to adopt a belt and braces approach to recruitment, and I further expect the date of the first signing to reflect that.

3 Likes

Lets hope we don’t take too long, as we might be caught with our trousers down, while players sign elsewhere.

1 Like

People’s trousers are always a difficult place to go

4 Likes

I can’t help but feel we are in worse shape than we were this time last year.

Flynn had been in place a lot longer than Sadler, he’d already set targets in the transfer market and obviously singed one.

I really fear for next season - rookie ‘manager’, new DoF style approach with someone unfamiliar with the English game.

4 Likes

Did he get his fingers burnt?

6 Likes

And we ended up with our fingers burnt.

2 Likes

Before he left Flynn did say we were well into his target signings. Has all that gone out if the window now or will some of those targets still be relevant?

Depends on whether that was bullshit or not! Most of the stuff that comes out of the club is - see Boycotts recent letter

1 Like

I think our 1st signings will be a lot later.
We wont sign players sadler knows just because he thinks they suit, gonna be up to Jordan and his recruitment team so every player will be researched intensely before an offer is made.
I don’t expect our first signing til mid June Atleast

I think the profile of player we will be after under Sadler might be quite different to Flynn so in effect we will be starting from scratch although I am sure Sadler will have that list of targets as a starting to point to review, there may be one or two no brainers (DJ?) who we would still be pursuing but I think our system and style of play will now be quite different. It is a concern in our relentless approach to duo our due diligence on appointing the right head coach we have lost some ground on making plans for next season and we have some catching up to do, Sadler will have a busy few weeks ahead in identifying and recruiting the right players for next season and beyond.

4 Likes

I’d be surprised if Sadler didn’t already have a target list of players, some of whom he might have suggested to flynn, some not. Whether we are able to move on them quickly will depend on how this new style recruitment works with jordan and the data guys.

Tick tock, tick tock :alarm_clock:

If this revolutionary system and new way of operating is not introduced soon I think this club could be finding itself in a right pickle come August.

1 Like

I hope so. Sadler did allude to the reason he got the job in his first interview in him being in the unique position of knowing all of the current setup and knowing what we needed to improve so you would hope he would be able to quickly identify the types of players we need and with a good understanding already of this level be able to drill down to specific targets for the club to work on but I still think most other clubs would have been dong this some weeks ago, particularly those who have had their fate known for next season for some time.

1 Like

Crod’s gimmick has jumped the shark now.

Fin?

2 Likes

Any strikers to be signed in August

1 Like

And past it or kids :rofl: :rofl:

Do think it’ll be later on but let’s hope we don’t leave it too long. Much bigger pre season than last and with far less patience amongst the supporters (& rightly so)

Here hoping for some solid additions and no past-it shite like Andy Williams

1 Like

He’s right in one way. We need the kind of player who can snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

1 Like