Fixture Release Day - 23rd June

Another thrashing football lesson for us.
Fed up of losing to Swindon 3 times a year

1 Like

At least swidon there fans know how to get to the ground. Got to say apart from crewe thier no near by fixtures with cost of petrol, do you think our american benefactors can put some coaches on.

Happy with the draw, I wanted a winnable home tie and that’s what we’ve got, would be nice to go on a little run and boost the coffers. Hopefully the club will price it attractively so we get a bumper audience.

Tyrese Shade with a 92nd minute winner here we come.

Need to win a round for that to happen once in about a decade.

Hopefully Flynn goes full strength. Good thing here is he knows from his Newport days the momentum you can get from having a good cup run so I expect one under him in next two seasons.

I reckon I’ll make that trip

Agree with what others have said. Scanned through, as you do, looking for when we play the bigger teams in the league, the bigger matches. Got to the end and realeased, oh, there aren’t any. Sure fans of other teams will feel the same, we’ll be viewed very much in the same way.

Really bought home how poor this league is, that anyone could beat anyone, anyone could get promoted or relegated and fine the margins will be between challenging and struggling.

2 Likes

Looking at the bookies lists, it appears that they agree with you.

According to Sky Bet, we’re fifth favourites for promotion, after Salford, Stockport, Bradford and Mansfield.

That is a surprise.

It will be all based on betting patterns Walsall get taken over by rich Americans fans lump money on to get promoted betting company see a increase in wagers and decrese the odds for insurance. Same if a 1000s people all put a £10 each on barrow to win the league there odds would shorten even though the chances of them winning the league are next to none.

1 Like

Newport away tickets now on sale. Looking forward to it :grinning:

Just got my ticket.

Anyone know what the maximum allocation we can have? I assume the 600 will go quite quickly

According to Newport’s OS - “The PureVans.com Away stand seats 609. The Away Section of the Bisley stand seats 422.”

The announcement from us though suggests that there is a new stand on the go and that might mean more tickets for away fans? Then again, it might mean less if it limits home fan seating whilst under construction and they let them have part of the uncovered PureVans.com stand behind the goal in the interim (like we used our main away end while the now HomeServe was being made all-seater)…

Tempted to go down and have a pint with @Belphegor there’s covered and non covered seating there isn’t there mate?

1 Like

Surely there is somewhere closer? :grin: :wink:

1 Like

:laughing: there is mate the railway!.Belphs catching the train down so I believe what you up too? Probably in tenerife or something :smiley:.

2 Likes

Disappointed not to be going as I’m at the motogp at Silverstone that weekend.

2 Likes

In Tenerife from 29th september till 16th October, but still in Lanzarote on 6th August mate :wink:

2 Likes

Just got mine after being disconnected numerous times after listening to 5 minutes of recorded jingle.
I was about to give up and get in the car when they finally answered. Obviously there isn’t a queuing system in place.
I appreciate they would have had a few calls this morning but the technology is readily available to make it easier for customers.

1 Like

I know you aren’t going mate after we spoke the other day :+1:t2: Railway for the Hartlepool game? I’ve got all our e tickets for that one already.

1 Like