Fizzy's back!

Jack Fitzwater rejoins the saddlers on loan until the end of the season!

How peculiar

exciting

Are people really happy about this? We’ve been totally messed around by his parents club, and possibly the player. The suggestion was he would go out on loan to a bigger and better club… presumably they couldn’t find anyone? And he was, after all, part of the defensive unit shipping 2+ goals per game.

That said, he was excellent when Whitney brought him in last season and if he can recapture that form, he’s a decent player.

Bit of depth if anything. I’d still rather us sign someone else.

It’ll be a miracle if we do. I can’t remember the last time we had a squad packed full of so many first team players. I don’t think we did under Smith and we certainly didn’t under Whitney. Is this a sign that our chairman is reacting to unrest because, right now, our wage bill must be as high as it has been for a long time. We now pretty much have decent, first team cover for every position.

Huh, strange one.

I haven’t rated his performances since his return but I said we need a centre half, the budget is tight, it is what it is.

Wouldn’t have signed him back tbh

This also means we have 6 loanees when only 5 can be picked in a match squad.

Don’t think he’s been particularly impressive this season but acts as back up at least.

Can’t say I appreciate West Brom messing us about though.

Oh my goodness, didn’t realise that. I very much hope we’re not paying much or anything for the ones who won’t feature then.

It’s just depth isn’t it to be fair. I doubt we will see Johnson and Fitz in the same match day squad with Scarr and Guthrie but it’s still a funny quirk that we now have more loanees than we are allowed.

Do wonder if at some point we might have had the chance to sign Fitzwater permanently.

Absaloute farce

I know. No anagram potential at all.

Not really happy tbh. We have been taken for ■■■■■■ by Albion.

That said - he’s better than Guthrie.

6 loanees.

Yet another “transition” summer then.