Fleetwood Town (H) 9th Mar, 3pm

Probably one of the better Sat 3pm attendances of the season (sad to say when ground is still half empty).

Would imagine Fleetwood have the usual mini bus in the away end (or they’ve gone back to watching Blackpool).

Yeah, just got to skin Sunderland, Barnsley & Portsmouth in the next few weeks and the dream is on again!! haha.

Intreaged to see what happens when Cooks back. Will it be Tuesday?

1 Like

Bradford City 3 Peterborouogh Utd 0

Yeah would keep him on the bench for Sunderland and use him as last 30 minute option if game is still in the balance.

Option long term is bring him back and then have 3/4 of Jarvis, Ismail, Gordon and Ferrier interchanging behind him. Ultimately though the play is more fluid in the final third without him.

Gillngham 1-0 Oxford, Oxford back into the bottom 4 after a few weeks out of it.

Gillingham 1 Oxford Utd 0

Rochdale 2 Sloppies 1

AFC Wimbledon 2 Doncaster Rovers 0

Walsall’s 3rd substitution, 93 minutes … (Cameron Norman on for Leahy (injury) )

Blackpool’s attendance reported as 15,871

What a fantastic win today, amazing what we can do with our backs to the wall :clap:

1 Like

Huge huge win .

Particularly as ALL FOUR of the bottom four look like they win today .

Who says we can’t pick up points against the top six , lots of others have today

3 unbeaten. Consecutive clean sheets. Dean Keates’ barmy army

3 Likes

And even better second half. Few drops of confidence can do wonders. MOTM for me? Jon Guthrie. He neutralised Ched Evans and visitors didn’t know what to do in attack. Four points from this month. Plan is done, any point more would be a bonus.

3 Likes

3 points and a clean sheet… just what the Doctor ordered :clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Excellent result! 7 points from 9, 2 clean sheets, so much more defensively sound. What pleases me the most is that this has come from a more settled side, majority contracted (all contracted today, may be wrong). Devlin and Leahy both involved and impressing. This must be from MOC coming in, we look so much more confident and now I fancy we can take points from anyone in this league. Big couple of weeks ahead and if we keep playing the same way we will be safe with games to spare. Let’s be sending the Sloppies down on the last day, could be a great season after all. UTS.

4 Likes

Zeli MOTM for me

2 Likes

He was class second half at Burton aswell

Cook should not be anywhere near this first 11. Granted he is a good option off the bench. We would not play like this if Cook was in the side. The way we are playing is heavily reliant on Gordon running the channels all game.

5 Likes

Both Guthrie and Scarr did well today at the back everybody did well

2 Likes

Gordon led the line well the centre half marking him was huge

Confidence has got to be growing with each result. Whether it’s MOC or just in the players heads, who knows but long may it continue.
Anyone had a look at odds for a top half finish? :sunglasses: