Flynn Clarke Signs

Wish the lad well. Not his fault at all.

1 Like

Pissing in a gale force wind with this one mate.

Has to be one of the worst signings, loan or otherwise, we’ve ever made. Didn’t even last 2 months of a 12 month loan.

5 Likes

Feel for the lad. Hope he makes it. But based upon what we have seen it is maybe wise he considers learning a new skill. And I’ve inserted the word “new” because I’m feeling kind.

2 Likes

@Killer78 won’t be happy with this comment

1 Like

I wonder if Clarke was the player MF said he had in his office last week? The player in question supposedly not happy at his current lack of opportunity. Sounds like MF told him a few home truths. Maybe Clarke asked to go back as he wasn’t happy here as he saw himself as a bit of a Billy Big Bolox from the Championship.

Whoever made the decision, thank god he has gone. A complete waste of a loan

2 Likes

I notice that on the Twitter announcement the club refer to him as @FlynnClarke5. Does that mean his dad is Dave? :grin:

12 Likes

Well, I feel glad all over that he’s going.

4 Likes

Every window we just seen to pick up the bits and pieces

5 Likes

We scrape the barrel every year and pick up what other teams don’t want. Osei Yaw is the standard bearer for our recruitment policy!

I think Osei Yaw only ever scored 2 goals in England - and one of them was against us!

A horrible example of how pressures accompanied with the wrong person with the wrong mentality can lead to some horrible consequences……

I feel for Flynn. Plucked out of Peterborough with promises from his agent and from Norwich on how his career was going to sky rocket before he was anywhere near ready to deal with it.

Darragh McAnthony reference it in a podcast recently (didn’t mention his name but it was clear who he meant) and it seems everyone around him gave him bad advice.

I don’t suppose his spell here helped his mental state tbh.

I spoke at the time about even what’s on paper can be a terrible loan can actually be a very beneficial one of dealt with properly and learned from on and off the field….

I hope Flynn finds his way again and as a young man learns some lessons and eventually makes use of his talent or at the very least finds something that gives him peace of mind and a healthy happy lifestyle.

I hope he finds his way again

10 Likes

Slightly worrying from a profiling of players POV that we signed him with this hanging over his head last summer.

Everyone deserves a second chance, but what a ridiculous thing to do and he is lucky he didn’t kill anyone.

1 Like

He was recommended to us by Dean Smith if I remember correctly so times even with the best intentions things don’t work