Footy off

I don’t know why they’ve had to postpone League 2 games. It’s not as if fans are crammed in like sardines, is it? People are just going to get bored and start going to pubs and stuff anyway. Surely the virus is more easily transmitted indoors that outside. And it ain’t going to be any better by 4th April. I suppose Dean Smith will be relieved - he would probably have been sacked by Monday after losing to Chelsea.

1 Like

The amount of people in Morrisons and Home Bargains is more of a threat. We were crammed in like sardines at the checkouts this morning.

2 Likes

I agree…we can almost self isolate at most of our games :grinning: More seriously I watched the racing from Uttoxeter this pm.and the people were crammed in one of the stands much more closely than in most the grounds in our division.

1 Like

It’s a farce if you ask me, how can they determine watching a football game is more dangerous than watching racing?

3 Likes

I heard that the sporting cancellations have more to do with players and staff in organisations being diagnosed with it and therefore the other (staff members) are having to self isolate (as was the instruction a few days ago) and this is the reason for the change in strategy… not sure myself but it conveniently fits the direction being given in most other countries around the world so it probably doesn’t matter why but it’s now more to do with the action than the reason (if you get my point…)

2 Likes

I’m going to watch Telford with my mate who is an Albion ST holder. If others with games off also go to watch another lower level match, some of the attendances are going to be comparable to the ones that are off would have been. Good for the minnows, but a bit counterproductive in terms of the PL/EFL decision?

UPDATE: Forgot to press send. Telford gate up a couple of hundred on last week, and I did meet a fellow Saddler who had also gone along for something to do with our game off.

Mind you don’t catch something.

1 Like

More crabs than a bad rower.

1 Like

Suspended until at least 30 April

Bradford away on a June 35 degree evening sounds delightful. Much better than the -8 windchill the last time I went :cold_face:

They’ve also extended the June 1st rule, but contracts are contracts?

Should be all fun and games if and when (hopefully) it resumes in the summer.

Can’t really see it resuming in time. Does anyone know if players are still training as a group?

According to the EandS they are.

Thats the thing isn’t it. All well and good players making grand gestures and offering to play regardless but you wait and see what happens when team X don’t like the result and take team Y to court for using ineligible players … and on it will go.

Wish I was a lawyer !!!

1 Like

Well I’d imagine they will just extend the registrations, and contracts extended by rolling months. I still think players will abuse the system and make moves before the seasons even over.

It could be completely mental …