Forest Green (A) Feb 8th, 3pm

See now WM said one of our players went to take the corner then we decided to change the taker ■■■■■■■ about basically instead of just putting the corner in the mixer is this true anybody who went??

We had not played all the time added on had we? Our own fault really anyway, kIns come over too take it off Holden cos he had not beat the first man on about 3 corners already…

1 Like

I don’t know. The setting, the general feel of the place didn’t feel like a traditional football club to me.

1 Like

Yeah, Tom Marlow basically said that DC wanted Kins to take the kick but Kins couldn’t hear him and went for instructions, then by the time he got to taking it we’d run down the clock!

Cheers Si I thought I heard something like that so DC was livid with the players more than the ref in your opinion?

1 Like

It’s a very strange place to have a football club. It’s on top of a hill tucked away by a roundabout. Some serious money about the area though. It’s next to million quid gaffs.

2 Likes

Like I say, I don’t know because I wasn’t there. But the referee clearly thought we had played all of the time added on, that’s why he blew. In any case, players arsing around instead of taking the corner quickly only have themselves to blame.

1 Like

that hill was summat else ay?

Non league ground at its best

Luckily we parked in that school next to the ground, that hill would have finished us off :rofl:

That was my interpretation, but either way it sounded like Clarke was tamping!

2 Likes

i errr dived on bowsey’s coach and got a lift from pub save that hill!

Got the bus back too stroud after the game, 3 mins from bus too a closing train door…All ill say is fat people dont run i collapsed onto the train…

We have got some great fans tho i wanna say that again…

3 Likes

“Holden was there man of the match first half”

Says it all about his game today…That break away in the first 10mins he done all the hard work then passed it straight too them, just knew it was gunna be that day for him

1 Like

I want to know if Dan Scarr really gave Josh March a piggy back…

Did we miss out on much regarding Josh March or have we dodged a bullet?

Liam Keen seems to think Cam Pring was MOTM. Got to agree. Goal line clearance was key.

To me kinns as much as I love his 100% commitment kinns is definitely not the person to be put on free kicks or corners. He just floats them in making it easy for the opposition.

Would let pring have a go got a good left foot.

1 Like

Re the 1st half injury time corner …

The only stoppage (if you can call ilt that) that I can recall was Josh’s booking for a late challenge/block, so wouldn’t have been surprised if there has been no added time at all - but ref called 1 min.

By my watch, Lavery forced the corner 56 seconds into this and I said to the lad next to me that there was a chance the ref would blow before we took it unless we were pretty sharpish.

Holden went over to take it - but wasn’t hurrying himself. Then he was called off for Kinsella to do the honours, but again no rush (he even farted about repositioning the ball that Holden had already placed).

In the end (1 min 45 secs into the 1 minute) the ref decided he’d had enough of waiting so blew.

As @longdogs says, the rules don’t say the ref has to add extra time on for a corner to be taken, only penalties. It’s not like American football where they keep stopping the clock every time the ball goes dead (and a 1 hour game can take 3 days to get through - or maybe it just feels like it does :rofl:), or rugby where the ball stays live after added time is up unti the next time it goes dead.

Most of our fans appeared to have the same opinion as DC and weren’t happy with the ref as he walked past on his way to his halftime cuppa, but no grumbles from me. Some of his other decisions though did seem a bit random (like perhaps he was using DC’s team selection generator to make them :thinking:).

5 Likes

He’s been a bit stop/start but I’d take Pring permanently in the summer if he was willing and available.

4 Likes

Well done to the lads today. Did anyone have the vegan food?

1 Like