Forest Green Rovers (H) - Sat 10th April, 3pm

Watch him reinstall Roberts. I expect a confirmed dropped and not even good enough for the bench Monday Alfie Bates to re-enter the selection Merry go round as well for reasons.

But none of this matters. 0-0. Dull as ■■■■ performance guaranteed which apparently is good enough these days :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Look forward to Briab doing an impression of a manager afterwards.

Comments about “the lads gave 109.78%” and they “were proper men’s men with big men’s balls”.

1 Like

0-0, 1-1 or 0-1.

Club to be delighted with the first two, given that we’ve taken a mossive point at the arse end of the fourth division from a side who were not all that long ago attracting 3-figure attendances** at the bottom of the Conference in a stadium that literally had a tractor parked behind the goal last year.

Wolves, doors, miracles, manly men.

Anyway, it’ll be boring AF.

** though they have managed to almost triple their average gate in the last 10 years. No doubt they’ve done that by sticking to the same ideas, ticketing structure***, knackered facilities and woeful matchday experience, while remaining stationary and ambition-free on and off the pitch.

*** I’m just ranting now but honestly, remember when we as fans had to spell out a simpler ticketing system for the the club because navigating our old one was like trying to do a sudoku puzzle while spinning around? As if it took fans to literally do their jobs for them :joy: talk about absolutely stagnant as an organisation

3 Likes

I’m going 4-2 win. Wright double, Clarke and kinsella to finish it off. Yano it’s long over due and we will do it in style. Forgot who keeps mentioning 4-2 on here but he’s influenced and convinced me that this weekend the one

1 Like

Isaiah Osborne to pop up with the only goal, not sure for which side.

1 Like

Another boring 0-0 on the cards.
We seem to play better in a 442 formation, if only we could score some goals.
Rose
White Clarke Sadler Melbourne
Wright Kinsella Perry Vincent
Osabede Holden

As the club’s Twitter feed reminds us, the last time they played at our place we creamed them 6-0 with a Gosh Gordon hat-trick!!

https://twitter.com/WFCOfficial/status/1380150940444061706?s=20

Let’s hope they only send their under-10s again this time …

2 Likes

Or the fact we sit back and hope two players produce goals because draws are fine now?

Agree on Scarr, don’t see that White is any more defensively secure than Norman. Who was in and out of the team anyway so a bit disingenuous to blame him but never stopped you before :man_shrugging:

Is this the week then my man??

1 Like

Don’t be pulled in by his well meaning demeanor scoob :grimacing: :grin:

1 Like

That’ll be Robbo back in goal Saturday then :rofl:.

3 Likes

White a lot more solid than scarr and Norman put together. White didn’t put a foot wrong against orient and showed pace and some good covering. I wouldn’t have played any of them I’d have kept kinsella there but give white is dues he played well last game. Norman I hope we never see in a Walsall shirt again -and the same with scarr

Yeah he played well in that game. Still can’t forgive the amount of times he’s been absolutely found out this season with the turning circle of a small country. He’s every bit as poor as Norman defensively, but Norman actually offers something going forward.

The hate for Norman from our fans is bizarre. I agree White didn’t put a foot wrong against Orient. Norman has barely put a foot wrong this season. Convinced it’s because he’s a Keates man and people are still judging him on previous seasons.

Wouldn’t be disappointed to see any of them leave though. I wouldn’t be disappointed to see anybody in the squad leave.

2 Likes

I’m personally hoping 4-4-2 is here to stay as we’ve looked better with it recently and after months of people asking for it because it’s basic and straight forward Brian seems to have now adopted this formation.It really is over to the strikers now to score some goals Josh looks a mile away from scoring but Lavs has improved a little over the last few weeks problem is he’s never really been prolific at any club he’s been at.I think we will be tight at the back again and this week I feel we will score a goal so a 1-0 win and Brian’s first win secured.

Well, I do not see that. When people pick their teams for the weekend, they almost always put Norman (or Kinsella recently) before White, who is much less popular. I do not agree that Norman has not put a foot wrong this season - he has not been that good - though I have no particular problem with him beyond his apparent attitude in recent weeks.

Forest Green are having a very poor run.
Its typical of the muchness/crapness of this league that with their main striker injured they suddenly can’t buy a win or a goal and their season is starting to fall apart.
Whatever happens next season I hope somebody realises that all it takes to launch a promotion bid in this league is to be defensively well organised and have a couple of proven goalscorers.
I don’t see any reason why other clubs in this league have them and we don’t, we should be a relatively big fish in this particular pond.

6 Likes

I don’t hate Norman I just see his weaknesses. When he goes forward his crosses very rarely find any of our players. He also very cheap in possession when the simple pass is on he rarely does it and hoofs Iong. All of Dutton weaknesses he’s cottoned onto this and acted sharply. He has nobody but himself to blame. I wish that wasn’t the case btw. Why would our own fans want one of our own players to willingly fail?

I can feel it in my shinpads mate

2 Likes