Forest Green Rovers (H) - Sat 10th April, 3pm

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/19220136.phil-brown-set-make-return-southend-united-shrimpers-battle-avoid-relegation/

Phil Brown coming back to Southend.

For me Norman has done well this season. Although I think he has found his level. For there is definitely something going on behind the scenes with him . I think he found himself a better deal and agreed it in January and that is his decision.
But whilst he is our player and continues to perform should have been played.

1 Like

Jack Fitzwater, David Mehew, Bryan Small, Scott Laird, Isiah Osbourne, Dave Barnett, Jimmy Rollo, Will Randall, Steve Winter, Matt Gadsby, Tony Daley, Paul McLoughlin and Reuben Reid played for both clubs. Gavin Caines was on our books but donā€™t know whether he played a competitive match, but did play for them. Andy Rammell signed for them but I donā€™t think he played a competitive match. I thought Tahvon Campbell had played for us but I might have dreamt it, but he did play for them.

4-0 Walsall. The palyers put on a great display, winning 7 pelanties which Briab describes as aquedate.

Donā€™t be so silly Exile, this has 4-2 written allover it.

2 Likes

Not putting a foot wrong doesnā€™t mean heā€™s been ā€œthat goodā€ it means heā€™s made few errors. But he just isnā€™t going to get even that credit for some for this season so it is best for everyone he moves on.

ā€œApparent attitudeā€? What on earth is that referring too? Ohhhhh itā€™s winning us free kicks isnā€™t it?

You tell me. Maybe the reasons I just gave.

I think you are right about Norman .It could also be true of others such as Gordon and McDonald. It would not surprise me but am I bothered?

I was just thinking about player of the seasonā€¦

I genuinely canā€™t think of anyone who would deservedly win it.

It will end up being just someone who put a lot of effort in (Kinsella) and wins by default- or ā€¦? I have no idea.

Shows you bad we have performed this season.

2 Likes

I will bet you any money nobody in the football league signs him next season

Would it be fair for Adebayo to win it? Probably.

1 Like

He was certainly our most effective player. Kinsella for effort and, in his own limited terms, effectiveness. The only other player I can think of is Sadler who has done a fine, unexpected job.

1 Like

Agree on Sadler ā€¦I am amazed at his fitness levels. I think however if I had a vote it would go to Kinsella .He has certainly been our most consistent performer.

Hereā€™s some more classic quotes from Dutton in the express and star .

ā€œWe genuinely go into every fixture trying to win the game and attack so itā€™s another game we will set up to try and win.

ā€œI look at every fixture as a good opportunity.

ā€œTeams who have dipped in form are definitely more preferable to play against than the ones in red-hot form, but Mark Cooper is an excellent manager and it wonā€™t be an easy fixture.

ā€œWe canā€™t be complacent, we donā€™t know which Forest Green is going to turn up.

You couldnā€™t make that last one up.

2 Likes

Has a 0-0 written all over it for me.

About time we saw a 0-0 draw, all these goals and wins get a little overbearing eventually.

1 Like

Just noticed Colchester are playing tonight might have a look.

Due to the recent performances of both teams I would expect a draw at least though a win is possible. Just missing some confidence and I believe the win will come.

3-0 to the Super, Soaraways!

Flash to discover where the goal is located & smash in the perfect hattrickā€¦

So Left Foot Right Foot and a Header?? Can I have some of what your smoking Professor?

1 Like