Forest Green Rovers

Looking forward to our 1st home game of the season on Saturday, would be even better if our new saviour Mr Pomlett welcomed the new era by giving everyone a free pint, would be a nice PR gesture and keep the feel good factor going! Otherwise I’ll have to buy my own! Still not sure if I should buy a pint at the ground as I stopped doing this awhile ago when the leech was in charge.:beer:

I think it’s pretty clear now that the money is going towards the good of the club. I’ll be having a pint, possibly two!

2 Likes

It’s up to the football club to make sure that the beer is in public house condition,the bar staff are fully trained,same with the staff who manage and work in the kiosks,a good quality of service,ample food to last through the game,even if they have stuff left over at the end of the game,I’m sure they can either sell it off cheap,or give it to the stewards etc.I know Leigh Pomlett has only just taken charge,but he must be only too aware of the complaints about the catering over the years,so no excuses there.

1 Like

If they improve the food choices in the kiosk, I might be tempted to buy some. Some of the food people were buying yesterday looked quite appetising.

How about CHIPS !!!.

Knowing every money going into the club will be spent properly, it’s definitely time to start spending money at the club again.

I’ll still be going to the George to watch the early kick off and have some food but then to the ground for one maybe and half time too (depending on how they’re going to sort that with no Bescot Bar for the next few months!).

1 Like

The best catering facilities i have encountered was at Coventry.

Agree.
They’ve even got real ale!

1 Like

You’re going to love it at Orient then - their supporters club behind the main stand is one of the best real ale bars in London, and at (nearly) normal prices too. Away fan friendly and has some big screens up to watch the games on Sky.

1 Like

I had quick half pint of IPA in a pub with the Blues fans in London yesterday as I had a spare 10 minutes at Euston. I recognised it along with the other 3 or 4 real ales they had on tap because all of them have been on sale (stubby cans) in my local B and M’s and Home Bargains at 45-55p per can or 4 for £1.99 over the last few months…I paid £3.45 for the half!! It really is another world.

2 Likes

Another world indeed - I worked in London for a few years before I retired. The prices can be eye watering but, if you know where to look, there are some cracking boozers that are better, price and beer wise, than the mainstream.

1 Like

I remember going into the Sherlock holmes just down from Trafalgar Square, i ordered a pint of stella and a double archers and lemonade and it came to about £19 :see_no_evil: it didn’t take me long to find the lord moon on the mall over the road :joy:

This is putting a slight dampener on me moving to London in September …

I have been trying to get my wife to agree to us retiring to Tenerife for a few years, but she is having none of it, the only place she said she would live is London and Jersey :grimacing:

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, as a 22 year old I’m buzzing to be moving to ‘The Big Smoke’ but friends who currently live there all bemoan how expensive everything (mainly rent and alcohol) is

1 Like

So let her move to London and you move to Jersey - you’re not a ST so u can still pick and choose your games Chunk! :grinning:

1 Like

:joy:

Preload at home. Don’t drink in hotspots.

1 Like

Mate - if you CAN afford alcohol after you’ve paid your rent in London then you can at least be sure you’ve got a good job!

2 Likes

My lad lives in the smoke, moving there 3 years ago to study at City University. We were paying 800 quid a month for him to live in a shared house in New Cross until recently.
He’s now moving into an apartment with his girlfriend just off London Bridge, kindly purchased for them by her parents. He is developing his career as a musician and there is no better place.
We visit regularly and love it, and have considered buying something there, however, at our age it might be too late.
For youngsters though, I would absolutely recommend it Greg.

2 Likes