Former players - where are they now?

I thought we’d had a topic on this before but couldn’t find it. Apologies for duplication.

Alex Nicholls has become a fireman:

https://twitter.com/a1exnicholls/status/1419197874068410370?s=21

1 Like

Good luck to him. Hope he makes a better fireman than commentator

8 Likes

Emmanuel Ledesma currently unattached after a spell in Finland. Been all over the place since playing for us, but had his best time playing in the USA.

3 Likes

What’s Darrell Clarke been up to since he dropped out of football and went to Port Vale?

15 Likes

Why can’t more footballers strike the ball as well as Ledesma. What do they do in training?

1 Like

Manny Ledesma :heart::heart: shame he couldn’t stick around

4 Likes

Always interested what happens to some of the young players who get hyped up…randomly mentioned Jamie Tank as remember there was huge disappointment when W*lves picked him up and that was only 5-6 years ago. Does he still play at any level? What about Westlake and Taundry as they wouldn’t be that old still? Matt Preston still in football league?

1 Like

Matt Preston has just signed for Solihull Moors.

2 Likes

Jamie Tank

1 Like

1 Like

Don’t think he ever made a league appearance but Cameron Peters is now a window cleaner

1 Like

Daryl Westlake I thought had a very bright future in football. Moved to Sheff Utd. and I didn’t really follow his career but according to Wiki he was last at Stourbridge.

2 Likes

That’s a cham(ios)

2 Likes

Brilliant lads!

Mental that for large parts of DS reign people on here were demanding top 6 when half the squad consisted of Westlake, Taundry, Anton Peterlin, Gnapka, Ashley Grimes, Jarvis and Troy Hewitt. Their “careers” post Walsall say it all as certainly not been at league 1 level. Probably an achievement team didn’t get relegated up to 2013 as then it became a decent 11 with good strength in depth in certain areas. Since then managers have had decent squads for the level in table team has been at and underachieved.

1 Like

Still time for him to work his way back up the ladder.

6 Likes

Stop being a pane. It’s rung to clog up threads with dubious puns.

3 Likes

He could have been so good, I thought he was different glass.

1 Like

Rene Gilmartin left his position as Assistant manager at Swindon after less than a month…
https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/19399144.john-mcgreal-rene-gilmartin-leave-manager-roles-swindon-town/

Foul play is suspected, with distant relative Gil Martin being a prime suspect.

2 Likes

Doffer. What’s he up to these days?

1 Like

Saw him a couple of times for Stourbridge up at Marine. One of the better players on the pitch but not stand out “head and shoulders” better.

Stourbridge’s away support always includes a handful wearing Albion regalia. Similar to Rushall and fans doing two hundred round miles to watch Rushall whilst wearing their Walsall gear.

Don’t get it.

3 Likes