Former players - where are they now?

He’s now a proffesional optimist.Works for Glass half full Ltd

1 Like

:joy::joy: he would certainly fit in there!

Danny Hay is managing the NZ football team at the Olympic Games…

2 Likes

Russell Martin about to be appointed as Swansea manager

Jack Nolan signed for Accrington Stanley on a 1 year deal following a successful trial.

1 Like

Former loanee, Josh Wakefield has recently signed for Salisbury.

Anyone heard if Stuart Sinclair found a new club ?

Last I heard was he was in talks with Weymouth or Weymouth were keen on him.

More of a Penguin man.

2 Likes

Just as likely to be in talks with Tina about joining the Tom Tom Club to feature on a reworking of their hit “Under the Beardwalk”.

2 Likes

That’s two wingers, with Wes, that hardly anybody thought worth their place in a League Two side that have contracts with League 1 teams.

I always felt Nolan had more than he showed us.

4 Likes

They’ve proven nothing yet.

2 Likes

Agreed. In fact, had they been watched while playing for us, I doubt if they would have been signed. Nolan looked destined for non-league. I just thought it odd that a player who we thought was not good enough for us goes up a division.

Perhaps evidence that all was not right behind the scenes last season with several players not really trying.

Anyway, we drift off topic.

1 Like

Stuart Sinclair was last seen outside Villa Park offering himself to the club as a like for like midfield replacement for Jack Grealish…

I did find James Clarke’s recent post on Twitter about Sinco quite amusing though!

https://twitter.com/jamesclarke/status/1423323018449887233?s=21

3 Likes

I think some of our players who looked so poor could be much better when freed of Clarke. I can certainly understand why Managers at that level would take a chance on WM and JN. They won’t be a major financial gamble, but have the talent to possibly do well. If they can’t raise their game, not much is lost, but potentially there are two decent players there. Time will tell.

Someone posted a link in the last couple days of Baxendale saying how he loved his time at Walsall and enjoyed playing…how many players do we think in future will say that about time spent at Walsall under Clarke and Dutton? Good luck to them anyhow, and if they succeed it is another stick with which to beat Clarke, as if we needed any more.

5 Likes

On the subject of Clarke, his LinkedIn page says his role was to incorporate an entertaining style :joy:

4 Likes

Did he implement a philosophy?

I must have missed that

1 Like

A philosophy of bullshit maybe

4 Likes

Wow! I’m embarrassed now. I’ve totally misjudged him. He did all of that, but I just couldn’t see it. Thank you Darrell, always a place in my heart. :star_struck: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Part 2