Former players - where are they now?

The uncertainty continues for Bazeley

it wont let me see it as we are not “in their region”???

Great signing for them you’d think. Will be playing against Rushall!

4 Likes

Doesn’t surprise me that Williams has dropped down levels.He was done before we started the season and his penalty against Stockport will be the only real highlight from his season.I’ll miss him looking to the heavens every 5 minutes.

4 Likes

He was just trying to catch his breath!! :wink:

They will get relegated next season

He did get a goal against Carlisle in the Cup too, didn’t he? And one against Charlton but that was, incorrectly, not given.

In his insightful ifollow commentary, he did say that he was being asked to play a role he did not like, but he also spoke like a player who knew his time in the EFL was up.

I expect to see him in coaching or management in a year or two.

7 Likes

What role was he meant to play and what role did he like?
Guy making excuses for being crap

He was playing in a role I didn’t like him in either. He had boots on.

Up there with the worst players I have seen in 27 years.

3 Likes

@el_nombre it’s when you come out with statements like that it devalues some of the interesting stuff you post .
Andy Williams has always been a good lower league forward whose services have been coveted by several clubs , when we signed him obviously he was passed his best but when he played he always gave 100% unlike some of the so called better players we signed.
To say he is one of the worst players you have ever seen, is plainly wrong and certainly disrespectful to a genuine honest professional.

22 Likes

And no I won’t be getting into a debate with you about it.

1 Like

Andy Williams stated quite clearly when he signed that although he was a CF he was t and had never been a target man type player.

He was then used in a side that insisted on kicking the ball high and aimlessly in his general direction while relying on one or two players to create anything closely resembling a chance to score.

While commentating he was articulate, thoughtful, respectful and insightful and lamented that it was a shame having been fit all season he was injured for the final three games where the side were set up to be more creative and were finally creating chances for (Matt Stevens) forward players.

I felt for him. He literally had no idea when where or how the ball was going to arrive in the penalty box. Near post or far post, high or low, early or late.

DJ did well but I have no doubt in my mind that it would’ve been a very difficult second half of the season for him and I very much see our form giving him a problem as opposed to him leaving being the reason for our form.

11 Likes

Because you disagree with it? Adjusted for level he’s easily one of the worst.

I couldn’t give a shit what he did at other clubs I’m taking about in a walsall shirt. If his performances had been by a loan player from a premier league club you’d have no problem with this. But cos he’s an experienced pro somehow it isn’t fair.

How the f*** would you know? You’re talking about my opinion on what I have seen :joy::joy::joy:

The bloke was dog shit.

For me AW was one of the few players that lived up to expectation. My expectations were low, due to his age, and previous season. He looked in so much pain when he ran, he probably looked slower than he actually was! No way should he have led the line in our ‘show piece’ game last year vs Leicester - but that’s more of a criticism of our January window and squad building than him.

But that should detract from the fact I thought he was a good pro who always gave his best, and agree he came across really well when he did that commentary. I hope he does well at Hereford.

3 Likes

:flushed: Christ they must have been low!

People seem to be giving him credit because he was a nice bloke on commentary. I’d probably have better opinion of him if I hadn’t been in the stadium watching him attempt to play football when he was on the pitch.

We will always have the shrugs to the sky.

1 Like

Although our chance creation was appalling last season. Some of the chances were missed were shocking.

Im thinking

Johnson v Bradford
Stevens v Hartlepool
Wilmott v Newport (or possibly Orient)
Hutchinson v Crewe
James -Taylor v Salford

I dont recall AW missing a sitter. Of course you could say he didnt get into the positions to do so! But does seem unfair to single him out.

NB the above is part of the reason why I think we will have a better season next year. I dont think its possible to be quite so poor in front of goal and midfield as we were again

Yes, you absolutely could. To suggest he didn’t miss a sitter all season is daft. He clearly missed chances that’s why his record was poor.

Who is singling him out? There was plenty of shite around that squad. Hayden White, Taylor Allen, Comley for half a season, Joss Labadie, Danny Cashman, the lad for Norwich who didn’t even last a window, DJT, Abraham, Clarke. Nobody is saying he was solely the reason we were bad.

He was shit though.

If he did, fair enough. I cant recall them though like i could the others.

1 Like

Everyone misses chances. But that wasn’t why he was poor.

It was more the being 5 yards off the pace of a game, terrible in the air for a player his size, lack of nous for such an experienced player in holding the ball up, and being catastrophically slow.

Can remember this time last year Williams signing and a few posters saying he would be the first choice CF and be starting 40 games! :joy:

Small mercies and all that but if people want an example of how Walsall can drop into non league it would’ve been him as the start striker signing.

1 Like