Former players - where are they now?

Why always him!

Lived in Mumbles for 12 years until moving back “um” last year. Swansea City centre ay great but Mumbles and Gower are fantastic places, apart from the Welshies.

4 Likes

What were you lot doing down there, city centre is a great night out!

1 Like

Wind Street is a great place for the young ‘uns, but for us older buggas, it’s a bit too lively.

1 Like

Lived in Carmarthen for 12 years, used to love visiting Mumbles and Gower in the summer, lovely places.
Heading back next weekend actually to visit a friend, going to the races at Ffos Las.

2 Likes

Love it there. We (our company) had a couple of osses which often used to run there. The summer evening meetings were brilliant.

1 Like

The night out before our play off in Cardiff was a belter. Me and a mate took 48 cans down for the weekend and we’d drunk them by the time the train got to Bristol, had to go to the buffet. Then whoever won the l 2 play off that day that were staying in our hotel decided to stay an extra night, so I got a refund and an air bed which burst during the night (:flushed:) A night which consisted of about two hours on it before a determined effort at a full English, a very serious spew up ( which I put down to nerves) then off to the pub. Brilliant weekend, one of the best ever. I then flew to Costa del sol 24 hours later and when I came to fly home they had one of those photographer things where they took a picture of you coming down the steps of the arrival flight all on the wall of the departure lounge for the return flight. Put it this way…. I didn’t buy it

2 Likes

It’s hard to beat for atmosphere. Been to football and Rugby there. Bang in the centre is what makes it special.
Going to see Rammstein there next month. Cor wait.

1 Like

Stayed in chalet on the mumbles for a week quite a few years ago, in return for fitting a new basin and vanity unit, loved it.
The complex we have just stayed on have a lot of owners from Llanelli

1 Like

Had good nights out in Caerdydd, had bad ones, though the good ones were proper tidy but!

1 Like

There we are then

Continuing the tangential geographical diversion into South Wales, I worked there for a few years, living at various times in Pontypridd, Treforest, Senghenydd, Church Village, Creigiau, Graigwen and Treherbert.
Had some good times there, as well as some less so. Had some good nights in Cardiff and even Porth!

Well if I was a snowflake I wouldn’t let you get away with that…:grinning:

Ex - Saddler Colin Askey interviewed here recently.
Years Gone By - Colin Askey (walsallfctrust.com)

3 Likes

Thought Mumbles and Gower were infested with English anyway? Bit like Rhyl, Llandudno, and Anglesey up here.

1 Like

Same as Denbigh, i went up there for a great aunts party a few years ago and thought i was in Liverpool :joy:

Troy Deeney live on C4 now

On C4?! Did the IRA get him?!

There’s a few English here in Liverpool but it’s mostly scousers. :wink::wink:

3 Likes

Darrell Clarke signs a new 5 year deal at Vale.