Former players - where are they now?

Are there many hard luck stories these days? It might just be me but most players find their level eventually don’t they? Not saying Joe isn’t better than Stafford Rangers like but usually players end up in the Prem for a reason and the National League North for a reason.

2 Likes

Is it better to cut them sooner, or drag them on for years like CCM was? Thus robbing him proper development time and opportunties from regular playing.

1 Like

Absolutely correct but you do need players of strength. Perry said that he realised that after he had [played a few matches. Young players often struggle physically - you can see that even with the Premier League U21s in the matches we play against them.

2 Likes

Fair point, in which case why bother with it if it isn’t providing players for the first team.

1 Like

Dosen’t look like Foulkes will get much of a chance either with the right sided players being signed.

Certainly something for the new ownership to have a serious audit on with whatever budget the academy is taking up.

The academy is probably not worth it its cost in that sense. Most of the players that we go money for in recent years did not come through the academy. Even when someone does come through into the first team, they do not stick.

3 Likes

Richard O’Donnell is joining Saddlers old boy, Rodney, at Rochdale, on leaving Bradford City.

1 Like

Didn’t this happen about 3 weeks ago??

1 Like

I think he signed a pre-contract a month ago and joins on the 1st July.

If anybody is struggling with hair loss, get a loan move to Kiddy if you want regrowth. Joking aside I hope he is recovering well.

Wonder where Tomlin is heading?

Derby or Nottingham maybe?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

https://images.app.goo.gl/ZzAvBB4o72U1aXWP8

:joy: couldn’t resist mate

1 Like

Heading for a fine and three points for using his phone while driving.

7 Likes

Would Mansfield want him? I thought they had a few quid. He didn’t show a great deal when we had him. I know he’s always been ‘stocky’ but he was well out of condition in Feb.

I wanted it to work for Tomlin but his body won’t hold up.

1 Like

I’m thinking more likely to end up at Chesterfield, around that level at least.

4 Likes

George Miller has signed for Doncaster

1 Like