Former players - where are they now?

@WiltshireSaddler he truly gave his heart and soul to his professions. Now, we are heavily relying on injury prone players that are ‘like China in your hands’…

1 Like

@jjunior9 @WiltshireSaddler He did, however., play in an important Sunday game - the Play Off at Notts County. So you could say he had a ‘Whenever You Need Me’ attitude.

2 Likes

Of course. :+1:t2:

When did Grimsby sign Robin van Persie?

1 Like

Ha! Must have been after they signed Martin Butler!

Martin Butler…… decent player in that fella throughout his career. I wired up his property in Herefordshire around 1 million quid :flushed:

2 Likes

@Lukeyboy Why I suggested Martin Butler - By Alan Buckley not one of his best signings. The problem was the player not wishing to move and as a result had a constant 350 mile round trip to face which affected his performances. Bucko set up a transfer for him to join Hereford United to offload him and get him to a club closer to his Worcester home but he turned it down. Feeling somewhat miffed Alan banished him to the reserves for the rest of his time on Grimsby’s books.

I believe house rewires are only a few grand, so you did well to extort that much out of him.

Congratulations.

8 Likes

F**k me that was an expensive rewire :flushed: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Can someone put me out of my misery / brain freeze and say who that is next to Buckley in th2 photo! I recognise him but can’t put a name to the face!! :man_facepalming:

Peter Till I think.

1 Like

Of course! Thanks :+1:

Love peters dad, a smashing local hero

1 Like

It was a new build in place called Stanford Bridge :joy: Comes under Worcestershire but more going towards Hereford way.

1 Like

Played a few times for Worcester City. Think he is a gas engineer now…

@Lukeyboy Yes got his own business I believe. Seen him play in a couple of benefit games since he retired a few years ago.

Jayden Campbell, promising player and seems to have disappeared from football. Heard he’s left the club but not seen his name connected with another team.

Yes …seems odd to me. Offered a contract but apparently no response.

1 Like

Sawyers to Stoke today supposedly. Stoke fans talking about him whilst I wait for some oatcakes before heading back to Stafford.

Not all mine.

3 Likes

I’ve heard this to