Former players - where are they now?

Connor Johnson has just signed for Kettering Town

cheap punts by clubs with tiny budgets.

Accringtons recruitment record has been outstanding in recent years though.

This whole thread is in a state of flux.

Yes, I think Wes might have been found out already since he was subbed at HT on Tuesday, Scarr had an assist though, Gordon is first choice for Barrow but Lavery hasn’t had a kick for Bradford. Roberts seems first choice at Northampton.

Richard O’Kelly has left the villa management team.
No reason has yet been given but it seems to be a swift exit.

Dutton replacing him?

1 Like

I think he was the magic piece in the Dean Smith era, wasn’t we all calling for Smith’s head until he brought in Richard and we ended up at Wembley?

That’s a strange one- from the amount of love in the statements from him and Dean, it doesn’t sound like he’s been sacked.
Maybe he’s got a managers job, but I can’t imagine at which club and it’s a bit late in the day.
Hopefully he’s not ill.

Can he play upfront …?!

1 Like

No, not all.

1 Like

Rory scoring for Shamrock in their European match

If you look at his senior games stats , exclude his record at Walsall, you have the experienced striker we are looking for!

3 Likes

Seems to be doing well at Shamrock

So would my 5yr old grandson

2 Likes

Absolute dogshit of a player.

1 Like

In his defence, he was just as good as the rest of them…

3 Likes

Peter Hart’s birthday today. Stalwart of the 80’s for us. And did a stint as club chaplain more recently.

Lovely fella and a really good player. Think his last game was when Gordon Durie completely undid him in the 7-0 home defeat. That heralded a call up for a young Dean Smith. But I’ll always remember Hart for the epic cup run of 83/84 and captaining us to promotion in 87/88 as well as some epic lower league tussles with the likes of Keith Walwyn and Ernie Moss. I’m sure Hart scored the winner in a 4-3 against Chesterfield when Moss scored a hat-trick for them.

5 Likes

Peter was a good captain and good man. I heard through my church connections that he is not very well. I sent my best wishes as I got to know him slightly when he was a Vicar in Walsall.

2 Likes

Two ex- Saddlers pictured at Blundell Park yesterday.

2 Likes

Peter Hart was a great servant to our club, oh for more like him. He also refused to play on Sunday’s due to his religious beliefs. Great man and player.

2 Likes