Freddie Draper Signs

Because he’s signed no wide players.

1 Like

Yet…

Fully expecting at least a couple: one permanent and one loan in winger/wingback/wide/utility positions

1 Like

Looks a beast in the training photo’s, no one going to bully him about

5 Likes

Agreed. He certainly has that look about him, I can honestly see him being a very astute signing albeit for a season on loan

3 Likes

Not going to get knocked off the ball too easily by looks. He’s a big unit in all senses by looks of things. Might make a few eat their words hopefully…

3 Likes

He’s looking sharp in the official photo’s and fully invested in training, i think he’s going to be a real handful.

3 Likes

Well, Buckley’s League Cup team did not have traditional wide players, in that Rees could not cross the ball and Shakey was hardly a left-winger.

My gut feeling is that Sadler goes for a back 4 but likesl the flexibility of going to a 3/5.

2 Likes

I don’t think Hussey is coming to play on the bench either tbh mate - that leaves Hussey Daniels and Farquharson. Daniels starts, of course. So what about the other two?

1 Like

Stephens was hench and a pro boxer and he was bullied

[quote=“SirKennethArthurDodd, post:264, topic:10184”]
beast
[/quote] he’s gonna be our new Bernie Wright (Bernie the Bolt) he was a 20 year old signed from Paget Rangers midland combination .and a marauding bully of a C/F This kid is going to be Freddie the Beast you heard it here first .

2 Likes

:notes: he’s six foot two, his eyes are blue Freddie Drappers after you :notes:

Well Bernie’s song fits for Freddie if nothing else

1 Like

A possibility he could play a 3, with McEntee one of them, knowing he could step out into midfield and allow others to go wide if their forwards weren’t really occupying our centre halves.

Pretty sure Ledley King did this for England a good few years back. It can buy some nice flexibility.

New Signing/Riley/Knowles on the right

Gordon/Allen/Knowles on the left

Sorry don’t understand context…?

Midland Combination? Is that a ‘farmers’ league’?

Could very well have been he does have Pop Larkin’s sideburns
IMG_1300

2 Likes

Thought you meant the other two to play in a five as Laundry said 3/5

1 Like

Ah yeah, no sorry.

I meant what are Hussey and Farquarson going to do?

I think both play personally!

I think with us signing no wingers (yet) and having four really good options at centre half, I’d say we’ll definitely start the season playing some sort of 352 with Hussey, Daniels and Farquharson at the back.

1 Like

Hope if that’s the plan it ain’t a season to far for Hussey which is usually our luck