Freddie Draper Signs

Yes and it turned out to be a total disaster. In fact England have tried to turn centre backs into holding midfielders for years and then pep comes along and turns John stones into xavi.

The mighty Shamrock Rovers (with Rory Gaffney up front) lost toā€¦ Breidabilk tonight. A team with only 1700 seats and whom Iā€™ve never heard of before.

What an abysmal standard :rofl:

Are they that thing iā€™ve never heard of that you keep saying I get my facts from?
Go to bed Thanny, youā€™re nothing other than a clueless flapping melt on ā€œxā€ number of subjects.
Donā€™t make ā€œfootballā€ your last piss your pants effort at clevershittery gone plain old shittery , youā€™ve always been ok at thatā€¦up to now. Stick with it, Draper will prevail :+1: :+1:

Anyone know why he didnā€™t feature tonight?

Maybe to pee off Leamington after they did this big spread on him.

3 Likes

Thank you for posting @AndyWTaylor

This is a great read.

From the sound of things, the Draper family have a rich heritage of goalscoring greats!

I knew I could hear a bit of Derby in his accent so it was also good to discover that Freddie Draper was trained as a youngster at the well respected Derby County academy, like Hutchinson.

So far, I have cautious grounds for optimism. It sounds to me that our low risk signings have shown prudence and acumen.

2 Likes

Soā€¦?

Just evidence that the standard is terrible and we shouldnā€™t read too much in to good performances at that level - much the same as we shouldnā€™t really take too much from the Leamington game last night.

The Solihull and Rochdale games will be the best barometers - yet even thenā€¦ still the league below.

2 Likes

No friendly matches ever mean much in terms of results. A wise manager/coach uses them to experiment, with formations, to get the players working together and generally build team spirit. A foolish one takes the games themselves as the important thing.

2 Likes

A few weeks on, Iā€™m still thinking heā€™s exactly the right sort of signing. If anything, pre-season has moved him two or three notches up the pecking order.

9 Likes

Iā€™m already wishing he was a signing and not just a loan.

4 Likes

Could be another disastrous January like when DJ went back last season

Talk about jumping the gun. :joy:

4 Likes

I donā€™t believe there is an option.

Quite good isnā€™t he :grin:

2 Likes

Could possibly help us keep him a bit longer.

Would be nice!
Or maybe we could do our own bit of research and scouting in Ireland over the next 2-3 months and find another gem that we could then sign up in Jan!

Just read through this thread. Top to bottom.

Funny.

10 Likes

Agree, the experts are very quiet, probably got a mouth full of humble pie

3 Likes

Really frustrating that teams like Lincoln can loan out a player of this quality quality.

We desperately need to address this issue.

1 Like