Freedom day? - Football next season

Who’s Curt

2 Likes

Not on sale for Tranmere fans yet either - the only home match available to them at the moment is their friendly against Sunderland on the 27th.

For our friendly at their place at the start of the 19/20 season you had to buy them direct from their eTicket system not from ours (no booking charge as I recall). Our OS was redirecting us to the Leamington and Cheltenham sites for tickets so is this going to be a thing and we have to register on 23+ other sites to get away tickets this season rather than get them from our own?

BTW I see that Cheltenham are selling tickets for our game there on the 31st but nothing on the OS yet. From a quick recce - some parts of the ground aren’t available to buy “home” tickets for but can’t tell whether that’s because they are giving us an allocation or they are not opening all parts up.

1 Like

I’ll be selling these on the Broadway prior to the Villa game.

25 Likes

Reynolds?

1 Like

Think you’ve skim-read that and missed the bit in between those 2 statements where SG says “that once the restrictions are lifted …”

So they’re not 100% that there will be away fans allowed at the start of the season as may be restrictions but once any restrictions set are lifted they expect the process for us to get tickets for away game to be “as normal”.

What I’m not sure about is what “as normal” means though - the old normal of paper tickets from the ticket office window or the new normal of our own eTicketing site (or even, as I’ve said on another thread, from 23+ other sites where we will also have to register)?

Hope they go down better than your Walsall/Ajax half & halves.

4 Likes

Poor sales on that one. Paul Weller promised me he’d flog the lot.

5 Likes

If clubs up and down the country start taking away fans to pre season friendlies then the football league say no away fans until some random date in the future I think I will just give up . We are selling tickets for kiddiminster it’s not a million miles away but not exactly local and even tho we will take 200-300 there’s nothing stopping us taking 2000-3000 if we could Villa are bringing that many to Bescot and apparently Albion fans can order tickets online AND phone up for there’s at our place.

1 Like

I’ve just logged in on to Newcastle’s ticket portal and they’ve sold out the 3k for Doncaster away, so there you go. The vast majority of 3,000 away fans travelling over 100 miles this coming Friday. Its a 7pm ko so plenty of scope for packed trains on the east Coast mainline with every outgoing train on Friday afternoon showing as “sold-out” including all but one in the morning!. I’ve never seen that before in all my years of traveling to games by train, so there must be some capacity limits on trains still, presumably no open returns without a pre-booked seat.

This to me is what’s going to make life difficult. On the one hand you’ve got to book stuff early to guarantee things, but then things could get called off last minute and you loose your money - which in respect of train fares can be serious wedge.

Well as Boris has just announced his intention to implement covid passports for venues where there are large gatherings all bets are off now anyway. Will wait and see but if I’m asked to show papers and disclose medical information to attend matches I’ll be getting a refund on my season ticket let alone not attending away matches like I was hopping to.

3 Likes

Boris’s announcement today said that Covid passports would be required for “venues where large crowds gather” so no need to worry about them for home games :wink:

6 Likes

Got to love the Geordies they sell out anywhere anytime always had fantastic support.

I know they are loons. I go now and again on the booze bus as it basically leaves from the top of my street and am big mates with the lad Simon that runs them. Last time I saw my mother was West Brom away in the FA cup just before lockdown, they just dropped me and my son off at the Eaterie thing at Norton Canes, and we caught up with the bus after the game. :joy:

2 Likes

My stepson is a baggies fan poor lad and the first game he ever went to was that exact game with his uncle,his exact words were “they are very loud” :rofl:

I’d take that with a pinch of salt. He used the same fear tactics to force people to get the vaccine regarding holidays. Imo he’s using the same tactics regarding nightclubs and sporting venues to try and get the younger generation to take up the vaccine. It won’t happen he’ll pull the plug. He’s worried the 3million 18/30 who haven’t taken up the vaccine won’t without a push. Blatantly obvious what they’re doing.

1 Like

What StaffordSaddler 86 said, plus the PM is probably referring to indoor venues, which would rule out most sporting events.

I think you’re wrong this time. As ever with the tories, they will pit working person against working person to stoke hatred and division. There’s a lot of anger and frustration amongst the double jabbed right now, because they were told “just get jabbed and everything is back to normal” and that plainly isn’t the case. What better way to appease these people than to blame the unvaccinated and discriminate against this latter group so that others point at them? Beats having to justify government policy.

I would expect vaccine passports to be a condition of entry to football matches by early autumn.

What’s the furthest away game you have hopped to have you attempted Carlisle. :wink:

Who is going to check 75,000 people at old Trafford are all double jabbed then I would take a week to get people through the turnstiles

1 Like

Scanning vaccine passports, same as scanning a season ticket.

Anyway, since when have Johnson and his cronies worried about the finer details. That’s for business to work out, not them.

3 Likes